+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions League Final - Referee 1 Players 0

Champions League Final - Referee 1 Players 0

I never thought I'd post about how good a referee was, but this bloke last night was a refreshing change from the dross you see in the PL week in week out. Too many, too often to mention names, but both sets of players were jumping around squealing and grimacing at every contact with an opposition player.

It's a sad indictment of the PL and the referees who inhabit it, that each time [De Bruyne excluded] when they didn't get the foul they expected they were up like a shot with that look of indignation they must practice in training. From a position where we all used to mock the super fussy continental referee giving in to every trick and dive, our own PL referees must be the worst examples of this in the current era - and the players know it..

International

Re: Champions League Final - Referee 1 Players 0

Agree. I thought he was excwllent.

Had to laugh when he helped Rudiger off the floor and in the same movement gave him a yellow card.
    Also noticed a couple of players acknowledge the ref as they were subbed. Never see them do that with Prem refs.

Jorghino was hilarious.
    Went down like a sack of spuds, screamed in apparent agony waving his arms around for some treatment from the physio.
    The ref waved play-in, no foul, and Jorghino got up and joined back in play looking as fit as a fiddle.
    The ref could see straight through him and his antics.

Yea got most things right.

Wasn't afraid to let some challenges go and then as mentioned didn't jump to give a free kick for slight contact.

One of the things I hate to see the most when in the corner, you can just see them waiting for the opposition to breathe on them before crumbling and everyone knows 9/10 the whistle goes.