+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Alarm - Wales Euro 2020 Song

The Alarm - Wales Euro 2020 Song

What are peoples thoughts on the Welsh song?

As far as football songs go (i.e. generally shite), it's ok. But what in holy hell is the video about? Really. Just terrible.

The official song is good, Martin Garrix featuring Bono and the Edge. And a much better video!

Re: The Alarm - Wales Euro 2020 Song

Think it's difficult to make a good football song, at least an official one, and even more difficult when it's a band who peaked in the 80's...

It's not for me. I think they've tried to make sure football is reaching outside of Cardiff (North Wales band, fans in the video from all over Wales) and maybe fans of different ages (lots of things aimed at kids already so maybe something for middle aged/older fan?) which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Think it's difficult to make a good football song, at least an official one, and even more difficult when it's a band who peaked in the 80's...

It's not for me. I think they've tried to make sure football is reaching outside of Cardiff (North Wales band, fans in the video from all over Wales) and maybe fans of different ages (lots of things aimed at kids already so maybe something for middle aged/older fan?) which is good.
    Yeah. I get what you're saying.

But a few people faking joy and awkwardly bouncing around outside garage doors... Nah.

The previous euro song was fantastic for an old fellow like me. Haven't heard the latest one yet.

Mike Peters is a great bloke

Not a fan of The Alarm but he pushes Welsh football all the way

Which makes a change from the rugby