+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Euro 21 squad announcement

Wales Euro 21 squad announcement

Robert Page names the 26 man squad at 7:30pm this evening.

Re: Wales Euro 21 squad announcement

Why can't we just have Rob Page read out the names?

How will it work tonight?
    So how exactly will Wales announce their squad this evening?

Well, it's not just a matter of issuing a press release and a few soundbites.

For tonight's big event, the Football Association of Wales has teamed up with Cadw, which works to protect heritage sites and historic buildings and structures around Wales.

The FAW will announce the 26-man squad in four groups of players, at locations of cultural significance in different parts of Wales.

We don't know where those locations are. Gareth Bale in a castle? Aaron Ramsey reciting Welsh poetry near a world heritage site? We'll soon find out.

Article Reactions

This is embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why can't we just have Rob Page read out the names?
    I think it's good that they're using the opportunity to highlight different attractions around Wales, music, pundits and the makers of those statue things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    This is embarrassing!
    If you think this is bad did you see the Lions squad annoncement.

Abigail Davies who has gone from volunteering with Cardiff Met to working as a pundit on Sky Soccer Saturday.

Rubin Colwill in the squad

Plus interview with Tenovus Cancer regarding people not getting possible cancer symptoms checked and their (£1) charity fundraising effort with red wristband.

What a few months for Colwill!

Squad list for those no longer interested in the video: https://twitter.com/Cymru/status/1399081168327294980

But interview with Rob Page now going on.

No Rabbi Matondo, Tom Lockyer, Tom Lawrence, Brennan Johnson or Josh Sheehan.

Tom Lockey or Tom Lawrence the most unlucky?

No Johnson, Matondo, Lockyer, Sheehan and a few others.

Honestly surprised he's gone for Colwill, but the lad must have done something right during the training session in Portugal, so all the credit to him. What a meteoric rise for him since February.

Probably lower ceiling, higher floor than the 2016 squad and in what feels like a tougher group too. Will be very interesting to see how we get on.

Congratulations Rubin, go give it your best shot, we’re all behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Probably lower ceiling, higher floor than the 2016 squad and in what feels like a tougher group too. Will be very interesting to see how we get on.
    I can't see us getting out of the group.

Really hope Colwill gets some game time though.

No idea what Will Vaulks must be thinking when players like Dylan Levitt, Joe Morrell, Matt Smith, Jonny Williams and Ruben Colwill all get in ahead of him? Well, I can imagine. Good luck to Ruben Colwill though.

Could Colwill be a back up to Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    No Rabbi Matondo, Tom Lockyer, Tom Lawrence, Brennan Johnson or Josh Sheehan.

Tom Lockey or Tom Lawrence the most unlucky?
    Lockyer hasn't played since February due to an ankle injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    No idea what Will Vaulks must be thinking when players like Dylan Levitt, Joe Morrell, Matt Smith, Jonny Williams and Ruben Colwill all get in ahead of him? Well, I can imagine. Good luck to Ruben Colwill though.
    Can we please get over the Vaulks thing? I didn't like how it was communicated to him last time but it's not that surprising:

A lot of people still view being selected for England as a reward you deserve for playing well for your club without considering that England has its own tactics, synergies etc. It’s still viewed like winning player of the month or something.

https://twitter.com/Stillberto/statu...31319462170624

Tom Lawrence the big surprise omission. Very unlucky. Baffled by one or two names ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I can't see us getting out of the group.

Really hope Colwill gets some game time though.
    I think we definitely can get out of the group - we can take heart from recent Mexico game and a lot will depend on picking up momentum from first fixture - but I'm also ready to see it as next stage in the development of these players for World Cup qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Based on this season Jonny Williams ahead of Vaulks makes not sense at all , I know he is is not a top midfielder but he has played so many more games and contributed well more than Williams and scored some super goals ??? it almost appears personal , or is an old pals act ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Tom Lawrence the big surprise omission. Very unlucky. Baffled by one or two names ahead of him.
    For me, he's always been a little frustrating and besides, he's up against Brooks, Wilson and James more than anyone else. Lockyer might be feeling a little aggrieved given he played a few times during qualifying. Also Brennan Johnson to a certain extent after having a good season with Lincoln - he could have been the wildcard. Colwill must have had a blinding training camp but good for him; I just hope he's not there to make the tea like Walcott at the 2002 World Cup but if he has a same career trajectory afterwards (except without all the injuries) then all well and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    For me, he's always been a little frustrating and besides, he's up against Brooks, Wilson and James more than anyone else. Lockyer might be feeling a little aggrieved given he played a few times during qualifying. Also Brennan Johnson to a certain extent after having a good season with Lincoln - he could have been the wildcard. Colwill must have had a blinding training camp but good for him; I just hope he's not there to make the tea like Walcott at the 2002 World Cup but if he has a same career trajectory afterwards (except without all the injuries) then all well and dandy.
    I prefer Lockyer to Mepham. The latter never looks confident and makes too many mistakes.
    Re Lawrence I suppose it depends upon the make up of the squad. Do we need three right backs?