+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

  1. #1

    Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Traditionally, I invite friends into my enclosed beach bar at the foot of my garden in order to watch the big Euros and World Cup final games on the TV I have installed in there. However, for obvious reasons I have thought about placing the TV where it could be seem from those who prefer to watch al fresco. I know that such a set up can be problematic regarding reflections on the screen but has anyone any experience with anti-glare screens that would be suitable for such a set-up?

  2. #2

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    https://youtu.be/w9SxLps0UqM

    Try anti-glare film. I think it's available on ebay at a reasonable cost.

    I should add that I don't have any personal experience of these screens.

  3. #3

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    https://youtu.be/w9SxLps0UqM

    Try anti-glare film. I think it's available on ebay at a reasonable cost.

    I should add that I don't have any personal experience of these screens.
    I have been on eBay, Amazon etc but a personal recommendation on here and for the specific purpose mentioned would be welcome. Thanks

  4. #4

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Don't forget the rule of 6

  5. #5

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have been on eBay, Amazon etc but a personal recommendation on here and for the specific purpose mentioned would be welcome. Thanks
    Don't they have reviews on Amazon?

  6. #6

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    you thought of a garden projector, should be able to get a decent one ( and the white screen ) for 150 - 200 quid

  7. #7

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Gosh the things you wealthy chaps have to ponder over 😄

  8. #8

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you thought of a garden projector, should be able to get a decent one ( and the white screen ) for 150 - 200 quid
    Thanks but I was hoping for a cheaper and simplistic solution for what will be just a handful of games.

  9. #9

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Give them hazmat suits? Though it might ruin the aesthetic of the bikini bar.

  10. #10

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Put a parasol over the top of the TV stopping the sun shining on it?

  11. #11

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Put a parasol over the top of the TV stopping the sun shining on it?
    Was thinking the same! This is the easiest and probably most effective. A projector outside is unlikely to be bright enough unless it's a high end one.

  12. #12

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    I was thinking of getting the TV out the garden too. Having watched games before and canít see anything for the sun glare, I was thinking of getting a cheap Gazebo.

  13. #13

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    Was thinking the same! This is the easiest and probably most effective. A projector outside is unlikely to be bright enough unless it's a high end one.
    A parasol doesn't prevent reflections of things on the same horizontal plane.

  14. #14
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,613

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    My local pub has TV's in the garden and the put then in wide open ended tents, like half a small marquee. It seems to work just fine, no problem seeing the screen even from 30 feet away.

  15. #15

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My local pub has TV's in the garden and the put then in wide open ended tents, like half a small marquee. It seems to work just fine, no problem seeing the screen even from 30 feet away.
    Are they TV's outdoor TV in the first place though?

  16. #16
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,613

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are they TV's outdoor TV in the first place though?
    Pointless talking to you. You are too clever for your own good!!

  17. #17

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Pointless talking to you. You are too clever for your own good!!
    When I was doing some research I came across outdoor TV's but they were very expensive.

  18. #18

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Traditionally, I invite friends into my enclosed beach bar at the foot of my garden in order to watch the big Euros and World Cup final games on the TV I have installed in there. However, for obvious reasons I have thought about placing the TV where it could be seem from those who prefer to watch al fresco. I know that such a set up can be problematic regarding reflections on the screen but has anyone any experience with anti-glare screens that would be suitable for such a set-up?
    Samsung do a telly specifically for this called The Terrace. Pricey, but is the tool you are looking for.

  19. #19

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Samsung do a telly specifically for this called The Terrace. Pricey, but is the tool you are looking for.
    Thanks but I stated earlier that I am not looking out for an expensive option for just a few games. I'll see if I can angle my TV in a way to minimise glare and if that doesn't work I'll simply put it on in my beach bar (purchased as a potting shed but suitably decorated)

  20. #20

    Re: Question re: watching footy on TV in the garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Thanks but I stated earlier that I am not looking out for an expensive option for just a few games. I'll see if I can angle my TV in a way to minimise glare and if that doesn't work I'll simply put it on in my beach bar (purchased as a potting shed but suitably decorated)
    Fair enough. Can you get one of those anti glare hoods that photo editors use on their monitors? They are pretty cheap, but they may not make one large enough/may ruin viewing angle depending on how many people you are having around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •