+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: Newport 0 - 1 Morecambe

Re: County play-off

1 nil. Madleys fecked up. Dive and outside the box.

Where do they find these refs?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Never a penalty. Not even in the box
    Should have been a card for diving.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Where do they find these refs?
    Should be the last time this ref is in charge of a game.

Premier league ref as well

It’s not acceptable. The standard of refereeing is a disgrace. Newport have been robbed

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Former I should say

So a double punch in the face is allowed but a flop starting outside the box gets a penalty awarded

Stonewall penalty not awarded to Newport and now a dive given as a penalty against them.

Wrong decision for both penalty incidents imo

Robbed

Newport county on the break and ref stops the game to book Morecambe player who dived for the "penalty".

Newport have been robbed, Morecambe are dreadful

The refs been hopeless and inconsistent all game, but you could see the goal coming because it turned into “one of those games” for County - they put so much into the second half that they’ve had little left in extra time.

Newport have been useless at set pieces.

This has been a truly dreadful refereeing performance. He should be ashamed.

Morecambe promoted.

Re: FT: Newport 0 - 1 Morecambe

I dislike abuse of the officials but what happens after such a dreadful performance? Usually they get one game at a lower level then straight back to where they were before. This ref should not ever ref a game of such magnitude for the longest time and Morecambe diver should be known as such.

Cheating pays. Newport cheated out of promotion. When people say VAR is killing the game at least there is more chance of a fairer outcome.

Worst game of football ive seen in a long time which is saying something coupled with a shocking refereeing performance and blatant cheating.

And another team in red wins a play off.

Given Morecambe’s finances, Madley could not have been bought, so its just his sheer ineptitude that has ruined Newport’s season.

I feel nearly as robbed as if it was City. Ffing awful refereeing, two huge mistakes should not have such enormous consequences on a club, instead of Sheffield Weds, Sunderland & Portsmouth, it’ll be Sutton, Barrow & Stevenage

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    As per my thread last week, PL referees are without doubt the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Nicky Maynard on the bench for County, and Aaron Wildig starts for Morecambe....
    Bad luck Cewnty! You were the better team on the day. Can't understand why Maynard wasn't on the pitch from the start? Not a penalty for Morecambe either, foul happened outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    As per my thread last week, PL referees are without doubt the absolute worst.
    I don’t know what it is, I haven’t seen any PL games but I’ve seen a lot of European games and the referees seem to have a better understanding, more empathy and more respect, they also seem to have lower profiles