+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: Newport 0 - 1 Morecambe

Re: FT: Newport 0 - 1 Morecambe

Newport were the better team but lets face it that doesnt say much. They were poor as well.

Almost incapable of competing at corners and long throws no cutting edge.

Years since we were at that level but our promotion team with Eddie May would have hammered both out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I don’t know what it is, I haven’t seen any PL games but I’ve seen a lot of European games and the referees seem to have a better understanding, more empathy and more respect, they also seem to have lower profiles
    English refs all seem to come across as arrogant

To play such a long season and have it defined by such a poor refereeing display must be horrible

Re: County play-off

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I don’t know what it is, I haven’t seen any PL games but I’ve seen a lot of European games and the referees seem to have a better understanding, more empathy and more respect, they also seem to have lower profiles
    PL referees have been built up in importance over the years, starting when they gave them different coloured tops as opposed to the rest of the football league/pyramid where all black was the tradition. I also suspect that they're picked for personality and ability to interact with the more temperamental PL player..

Before seeing the replay my impression was that Madley just guessed.

I dont even think he looked at the linesman.

Big respect to Mike Flynn for his post match interview. Gave Morecambe credit before dealing with the two terrible decisions.

Flynn has every right to be aggrieved.

But if I was a Newport fan id be asking why Collins was subbed when he clearly had the beating of his marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Flynn has every right to be aggrieved.

But if I was a Newport fan id be asking why Collins was subbed when he clearly had the beating of his marker.
    This, I thought the Newport subs made them worse. I watched Lewis on loan at Cinderford 2 seasons ago, he’s a great lad and the reason I wanted Newport to win

County should have won that! The ref obviously had a shocker, but if County had more cutting edge they would have won easily. Morecambe were absolutely dire. County only have themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    County should have won that! The ref obviously had a shocker, but if County had more cutting edge they would have won easily. Morecambe were absolutely dire. County only have themselves to blame.
    How can Newport 'only' have themselves to blame if the ref had a shocker?

Wasnt disappointed when Swansea lost, but am disappointed for Newport, after the shit they have gone through over the years. Hope this defeat doesn't set them back.

Awful decisions for the 2 pens but Labadie should have buried that chance.

Sheehan will likely leave on a free now, worth a punt for us on a sensible one or two year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Awful decisions for the 2 pens but Labadie should have buried that chance.

Sheehan will likely leave on a free now, worth a punt for us on a sensible one or two year deal?
    No. Not good enough even as back up We need to improve our midfield and the current lot are miles better than him.

Put Pack in one of those sides today and hed look like Pirlo.

what a poncey cheating dive

Dreadful refereeing

There is something to be said for being a dominant promotion side as we were under Eddie May

The play offs are a nightmare

Newport is easily big enough to sustain a league one side , even perhaps a lower level championship club

The team that won today will soon drop back down

Morecambe will be bottom of League 1 next season, and Newport would have too if they'd gone up.

Newport should have had a penalty in the first half and Morecambe should never have had their penalty. I know there are many criticisms of VAR but had it been available Newport could well have won that match.

nothing wrong with VAR and to me should be used in play off finals

County only have themselves to blame. Between December and March they hardly won a game. In the end, I was surprised they actually got to the play offs.That was an achievement in itself.

Morecambe can be expected to set a League One record for the fewest points gained while finishing 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Newport should have had a penalty in the first half and Morecambe should never have had their penalty. I know there are many criticisms of VAR but had it been available Newport could well have won that match.
    If the ref wasn't Bobby Madley they would have won. I don't know what your experience of him was like, but he certainly didn't like us. When I saw the decisions today I thought he might be anti Welsh, because he was definitely biased against Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    If the ref wasn't Bobby Madley they would have won. I don't know what your experience of him was like, but he certainly didn't like us. When I saw the decisions today I thought he might be anti Welsh, because he was definitely biased against Newport.
    I don't tend to be one for anti Welsh conspiracy theories when it comes to referees, but, leaving the penalty incidents aside, I thought Madley favoured Morecambe throughout the game, so, in view of what you said, I had a look at his record in matches involving Welsh teams on Soccerbase.

As he had spent so much of his career in the Premier League before his suspension, he's taken charge of more of your games than any other Welsh side (as far as I can tell, he's never reffed a Wrexham game) and your record in those matches is won four, drawn two and lost eight. However, this rather reflected your form over the period, because early on as you were challenging for promotion and then settling into the Premier League with few alarms, you did well when he was in charge, but as you began to struggle every season, so the losses piled up.

We've won two of the six matches Madley has reffed us in, with the only defeat coming in a game against Wolves in which they had a player sent off, so we've not done bad under him, whereas County have only had him in charge for two games this season since his fall from grace saw him reduced to the lower leagues - they lost 4-2 at home to Oldham in December at a time when they were going really well and then there was yesterday.

So, it looks like cock up wins over conspiracy as far as Madley is concerned and it was just County's bad luck that he had a stinker of a game - for me, he was the main reason why the match finished as it did.

Madleys performance was terrible.

However diving cheating players dont help.

Swansea were the worst ive seen with this and a certain Welsh International and his screaming and rolling around trying to get people cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    County only have themselves to blame. Between December and March they hardly won a game. In the end, I was surprised they actually got to the play offs.That was an achievement in itself.
    During the game yesterday it flashed up County's top four goal scorers this season but two had been on loan and recalled halfway through the year - they've basically built two sides this season.

County's pitch was awful for a period of time, eventually they were giving the relief of switching games to Cardiff, which meant the passing football they played for much of yesterday couldn't happen.

There are details behind the stats you're giving there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Madleys performance was terrible.

However diving cheating players dont help.

Swansea were the worst ive seen with this and a certain Welsh International and his screaming and rolling around trying to get people cards.
    About time that sort of behavior was punished with more than a yellow card. Time for the introduction of a sin bin, or something more extreme? There should definitely be no place for it in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't tend to be one for anti Welsh conspiracy theories when it comes to referees, but, leaving the penalty incidents aside, I thought Madley favoured Morecambe throughout the game, so, in view of what you said, I had a look at his record in matches involving Welsh teams on Soccerbase.

As he had spent so much of his career in the Premier League before his suspension, he's taken charge of more of your games than any other Welsh side (as far as I can tell, he's never reffed a Wrexham game) and your record in those matches is won four, drawn two and lost eight. However, this rather reflected your form over the period, because early on as you were challenging for promotion and then settling into the Premier League with few alarms, you did well when he was in charge, but as you began to struggle every season, so the losses piled up.

We've won two of the six matches Madley has reffed us in, with the only defeat coming in a game against Wolves in which they had a player sent off, so we've not done bad under him, whereas County have only had him in charge for two games this season since his fall from grace saw him reduced to the lower leagues - they lost 4-2 at home to Oldham in December at a time when they were going really well and then there was yesterday.

So, it looks like cock up wins over conspiracy as far as Madley is concerned and it was just County's bad luck that he had a stinker of a game - for me, he was the main reason why the match finished as it did.
    Thanks for the research and the heads up. It may be his over dramatic refusal of a penalty against Stoke which has coloured my perception.