Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I ask to be allowed to see what our squad looks like when the transfer window closes before answering your question Eric. However, I wouldn't have been too upset if we'd appointed Flynn as manager back in January, Apart from last season, Flynn's done a great job at Newport with their league results being well above their norm during his time there (especially when you consider what a disadvantage the Rodney Parade pitch has been for them in that time), but their Cup form has been better and I'd say that he's become a manager who should at least be considered when there is a vacancy at a League One or Championship club.

One other thing on Flynn, I admired his restraint during the post match interview yesterday and maybe it was the pain of defeat that was responsible, but he sounded like someone who was considering quitting his job.
Arent Newport appointing a sporting director and Flynn said hes not happy with things behind the scenes. Looks like maybe a parting of ways.

Maybe Wrexham? Theyve lost their manager.

There was nothing in that Newport display that suggested that was a manager who should be at a higher level. Even the use of the long throw was poor.

That match was well below the L1 match.