+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dalain Atkinson

Re: Dalain Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well with excitement comes stress
    18-year-olds don't always realise that though and they might not have anticipated how 'exciting'/stressful' it's going to turn out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Often they will only spot " PTSD " in officers when its too late and they snap, then of course its too late and that then gives Ammo to the section of society that do not need a 2nd excuse to run them down
    Police forces have a responsibility to their staff and to the public to ensure that officers are mentally fit to deal with stressful situations at any point during their service.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5196108]
    You’d have probably taken Brady and Hindley on a picnic to the countryside to try and get to the root of their problems.
    Harsh, but true

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5196141]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

Harsh, but true
    Its bollocks

If anyone thinks that wanting and demanding justice for either someone attacked by the police or justice for a police officer who maybe over reacted in a very traumatic situation is some kind of apologist for child sex murderers then there is clearly very little going on upstairs

Or they are a reactionary angry I am a self made man , I didn't get where I am today by blah blah blah

Total nonsense

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5196165]
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Its bollocks

If anyone thinks that wanting and demanding justice for either someone attacked by the police or justice for a police officer who maybe over reacted in a very traumatic situation is some kind of apologist for child sex murderers then there is clearly very little going on upstairs

Or they are a reactionary angry I am a self made man , I didn't get where I am today by blah blah blah

Total nonsense
    You’re all over these kinda threads like a demented phycologist come social worker. Love to see you on the front line for a week with one of the emergency services. You’d probably shit yellow and hide in the nearest Mothercare.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5196211]

You’re all over these kinda threads like a demented phycologist come social worker. Love to see you on the front line for a week with one of the emergency services. You’d probably shit yellow and hide in the nearest Mothercare.
    I think what Sludge is saying is that we should be looking at individuals whoever they are, not defending institutions. The police officers who are defendants in this case deserve to be given the same considerations as any defendant deserves, no more or less favourable.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5196211]

Demented

Why don't you throw in er ....spastic to add to your dinosaur vocabulary

You are past it now mate , you daft old fool

[QUOTE=Helen Wiggy;5196213]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

I think what Sludge is saying is that we should be looking at individuals whoever they are, not defending institutions. The police officers who are defendants in this case deserve to be given the same considerations as any defendant deserves, no more or less favourable.
    you got it

'Police officer found guilty of manslaughter in Atkinson case'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12332704

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Seems like it wasn't just a case of someone with mental health problems having a heart attack

Atkinson , according to the evidence and the decision of the jury was killed by a police officer through his violent actions

We all know most coppers are human beings with a job to do and do it well but listening to the usual suspects on here defend what was one step down from murder was incredible

Rest in Peace Dalian

The maximum sentence for manslaughter is almost as much as it is for murder . I fail to see the point of sending this officer to prison for 15 years but I hope the publicity regarding the case and the custodial sentence the police officer will inevitably get will in some way be a watershed .

He was tasered for 6 times longer than necessary then booted at least twice in the head leaving blood on the police officers boot.

An awful way to die.

Dillians gone RIP.

I can see the point of sending him down for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He was tasered for 6 times longer than necessary then booted at least twice in the head leaving blood on the police officers boot.

An awful way to die.

Dillians gone RIP.

I can see the point of sending him down for 15 years.
    If such a sentence was a deterrent then I would agree but I doubt it will be , it only takes one bad apple and all that , you will never get rid of crooked coppers in the same way you will never get rid of bad drivers

If such a sentence was a deterrent then I would agree but I doubt it will be , it only takes one bad apple and all that , you will never get rid of crooked coppers in the same way you will never get rid of bad drivers
    You still need to punish the individual for his thuggish and brutal behaviour. He deserves all he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You still need to punish the individual for his thuggish and brutal behaviour. He deserves all he gets.
    6 years probably

The prosecution clearly proved that the victim was killed by the actions of the officer rather than by underlying health conditions and that there must have been criminal intent

It sounds like he had a battering

International

6 years probably

The prosecution clearly proved that the victim was killed by the actions of the officer rather than by underlying health conditions and that there must have been criminal intent

It sounds like he had a battering
    There couldn't have been proven criminal intent to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There couldn't have been proven criminal intent to kill.
    There was criminal intent , at the very least , to cause serious injury and there could have been proven criminal intent to kill or he wouldn't have been charged with murder . The CPS must have had enough evidence to charge him with the murder of the victim but the court decided he was guilty of manslaughter, not murder . However this is a very thin line and the reason why people convicted of manslaughter often get very heavy sentences .

Its one step down from murder , the copper would have known what he was doing was going to cause the victim serious injury

That would have been ABH , GBH etc if the victim hadn't died

Clearly the manslaughter verdict is the right one

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5196097]
    what a lovely term , nut job

Can you throw in psycho , schizo ?

Dear me[/QUOTE

See here’s the thing. You never give 2 fu*ks for the victims. Your’e always straight in supporting the perpetrator. You’re like a modern day Lord Longford.
    Where have you gone ?

They wouldn’t know he was suffering with a weak heart and kidney failure either. Fight or flight. I’m not one to stick up for coppers but I accept his version of events. In the midst of a fight and violent situation there’s no time for rational thought just instinct. I’m sure you would have more sympathy with the copper too if Dalian happened to be a white chavvy ****er acting in the same manner.

He says he used the over ride button because it failed twice previously
    Well you accepted the officers version of events which led to him being convicted of manslaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Why not just leave it to the judge and jury to decide who was guilty of what.
    they have done

Guilty

Now, now. We all know the courts of justice do not count in the CCMB kangaroo court.
    but the real court does eh 🤔

Don’t turn this around on me. You quite clearly started this thread playing the race theme and a black man suffering at the hands of the authorities. Don’t deny it. Youre as transparent as Casper.

He kicked him to stop him getting back up. Fight or flight. Coppers should be allowed to use excessive force in the face of violence. In times gone by a good hiding from a copper was a far better deterrent and source of punishment than the politically correct softly softly approach adopted today.
    Guilty

So I’m a racist for pointing out your double standards when it comes to these matters. Ok.

I’ll leave you to it. You’re too used to having all the happy clappers agreeing with your posts you don’t like someone taking a different viewpoint.

Don’t worry I’m sure Sludge will be along soon. Anti-police, racism and mental health, this is right up his street.
    guilty

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Says the archtetypal "police are wrong - - the alleged perp had a mental health issue and needed a cuddle"

I'm out!!!!!
    guilty

The copper stepped well over the line needs a tough sentence , dreadful for the relatives of Dalain to have to re live and listen too