+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dalain Atkinson

Dalain Atkinson

Sorry, can't do links, but reading updates on the trial of the police officer who Tasered him. Apparently, he kicked Atkinson in the head, twice, after he had tasered him. Using so much force that there was blood on his boot and imprints in Atkinson's face, this after he had been tasered. The police officer said that he thought that he was going to die, but there are no reports of Atkinson having a weapon, and there were two officers at the time of the incident. Something does not sound right.

Re: Dalain Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sorry, can't do links, but reading updates on the trial of the police officer who Tasered him. Apparently, he kicked Atkinson in the head, twice, after he had tasered him. Using so much force that there was blood on his boot and imprints in Atkinson's face, this after he had been tasered. The police officer said that he thought that he was going to die, but there are no reports of Atkinson having a weapon, and there were two officers at the time of the incident. Something does not sound right.
    It's absolutely tragic.

He was having a mental health issue and was murdered for it.

Policing in the UK is ****ed.

He was strangling his own elderly father and making threats to kill him then turned on the police who had been called by neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He was strangling his own elderly father and making threats to kill him then turned on the police who had been called by neighbours.
    I've not been following the trial, where does it say that? cheers.

Ok, but did the police know that at the time he was tasered 6 times more than normal? I can understand the police using these methods when they feel threatened, but the copper used the over ride button and tasered him 6 times longer than normal, plus booted him in the head twice, which wasn't called for as Atkinson would've been incapacitated. That was pure spite, surely?

Ok, but did the police know that at the time he was tasered 6 times more than normal? I can understand the police using these methods when they feel threatened, but the copper used the over ride button and tasered him 6 times longer than normal, plus booted him in the head twice, which wasn't called for as Atkinson would've been incapacitated. That was pure spite, surely?
    They wouldn’t know he was suffering with a weak heart and kidney failure either. Fight or flight. I’m not one to stick up for coppers but I accept his version of events. In the midst of a fight and violent situation there’s no time for rational thought just instinct. I’m sure you would have more sympathy with the copper too if Dalian happened to be a white chavvy ****er acting in the same manner.

He says he used the over ride button because it failed twice previously

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It's absolutely tragic.

Hey listen, whilst I agree that it is tragic what happened in this case, the police in this country are a lot less ****ed (as you put it) than they are in other parts of the world, including South Africa where over 450 people a year die at the hands of the police force.

Why not just leave it to the judge and jury to decide who was guilty of what.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Now, now. We all know the courts of justice do not count in the CCMB kangaroo court.

They wouldn’t know he was suffering with a weak heart and kidney failure either. Fight or flight. I’m not one to stick up for coppers but I accept his version of events. I’m sure you would too if Dalian happened to be a white chavvy ****er acting in the same manner.

He says he used the over ride button because it failed twice previously
    What about the double boot to the head. Do you accept that? Why are you bringing race into it? Nobody else has, it seems a common theme with you. Anyway, what about the boot to the headx2?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Do i have a choice?

What about the double boot to the head. Do you accept that? Why are you bringing race into it? Nobody else has, it seems a common theme with you. Anyway, what about the boot to the headx2?
    Don’t turn this around on me. You quite clearly started this thread playing the race theme and a black man suffering at the hands of the authorities. Don’t deny it. Youre as transparent as Casper.

He kicked him to stop him getting back up. Fight or flight. Coppers should be allowed to use excessive force in the face of violence. In times gone by a good hiding from a copper was a far better deterrent and source of punishment than the politically correct softly softly approach adopted today.

Maybe next time the coppers should have just him strangle his own father to death. Don’t get involved. Let social services deal with it.

Don’t turn this around on me. You quite clearly started this thread playing the race theme and a black man suffering at the hands of the authorities. Don’t deny it. Youre as transparent as Casper.

He kicked him to stop him getting back up. Fight or flight. Coppers should be allowed to use excessive force in the face of violence. In times gone by a good hiding from a copper was a far better deterrent and source of punishment than the politically correct softly softly approach adopted today.
    Jumping to conclusions Harts, that's twice you've brought race into this discussion when nobody else has, if i acted in the same reactionary way as you do, then i'd have you down as a bit of a racist, but of course, that would be silly of me to say, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hey listen, whilst I agree that it is tragic what happened in this case, the police in this country are a lot less ****ed (as you put it) than they are in other parts of the world, including South Africa where over 450 people a year die at the hands of the police force.
    I think policing globally has an issue. Perhaps we except better in the UK.. although why should we expect better I don't know.

I know some wonderful police officers in the UK but as a city fan we all have to admit we have been terribly discriminated against at away gamss and beaten for no other reason than being a city fan. I've seen days with the police in the UK and it ain't pretty... And I'm a law abiding citizen.

So that was ok for the police to taser him several times, one for 33 seconds, 6 times the allowed time, kick him in the head leaving blood on boots? Let the law do what they like.

Jumping to conclusions Harts, that's twice you've brought race into this discussion when nobody else has, if i acted in the same reactionary way as you do, then i'd have you down as a bit of a racist, but of course, that would be silly of me to say, wouldn't it?
    So I’m a racist for pointing out your double standards when it comes to these matters. Ok.

I’ll leave you to it. You’re too used to having all the happy clappers agreeing with your posts you don’t like someone taking a different viewpoint.

Don’t worry I’m sure Sludge will be along soon. Anti-police, racism and mental health, this is right up his street.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So that was ok for the police to taser him several times, one for 33 seconds, 6 times the allowed time, kick him in the head leaving blood on boots? Let the law do what they like.
    Yes if it meant saving the life of an innocent party

Well each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It's absolutely tragic.

Really all 132,467 of them?.

The chap who tasered Dalain is being prosecuted and rightly so .

We have one of the best forces in the world

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Really all 132,467 of them?.

The chap who tasered Dalain is being prosecuted and rightly so .

We have one of the best forces in the world
    On what terms ?

Arrests , detection rates , over turning of wrongful arrests ?

Are we better than the Dutch, Belgian , Swedish , Danish , New Zealand police ?

Here we go...

International

I was waiting for this.........