+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: FRANCE 3 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Re: FRANCE v WALES. Match thread

Welcome to the game Rubin, mark Benzema

Danny Ward MoTM. Not worried about the result. We played well. Good minutes for a number of players coming back from injury with only Ampadu of the key players not involved. I think we might cause some surprises again in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Danny Ward MoTM. Not worried about the result. We played well. Good minutes for a number of players coming back from injury with only Ampadu of the key players not involved. I think we might cause some surprises again in the finals.
    A lot of energy used thou’ should be the other half of the squad against Albania, 11 changes to the starting line up

Re: FT: FRANCE 3 - 0 WALES. Match thread

The difference between the sides wasn't so much the red card but how clinical they were in the box. Lot's to take heart from but wish we'd taken at least one of our chances.

Does anyone remember who scored in our friendly against Northern Ireland or against us for Sweden pre-2016 though? If things go well these games will quickly become irrelevant.

Turned off after the red card but sounds like a positive performance overall all things considered

Played with 10 men for over an hour against the world champions and did not look terrible. Despite the ref turning this friendly into an exhibition, Wales did alright for themselves against a French team that continued to press throughout and a resurgent Benzema who seemed hell bent on scoring on his return to international football.

Of the 3 goals conceded, one was because one of the fastest and most clinical strikers in the world reacted quicker than Mepham to a rebound. Griezman scored a worldie and Dembele was right place right time for Benzema's rebound. France were ruthless and pushed Wales hard, so if anything a good defensive test for the lads.

I was watching on French TV and commentators, panelists all remarked on how the red card marks a false positive for France and hampers their own preparations going into the group of death. That decision helped no one, but hopefully Neco learns to keep his arms down.

On a positive note, Colwill got his debut so congratulations to him. Hopefully his career kicks on in a Wales and Cardiff shirt. A few more players yet to get a game and nice to see Ramsey back in the fold. Looking forward to the Albania game.

We were right in it for 25 mins and it was a good game to watch, Dan James was a real threat. But then an awful decision to send Nico off made me fear for the worst, it could’ve been a cricket score but we defended well and Ward gotta be number 1. We even played a bit when Rambo come on. I think we can take a lot of positives from this game. Now let’s smash Albania. I’d like to see some more or Colwill as well, why not?

I’d take Morrell down the City!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Excellent report as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've said my bit about VAR already so, wanting to focus more on the game, I think the winner from last night was Harry Wilson/David Brooks because coaches will now spend so much defensive focus on Daniel James.

Further winners being Gunter, Mepham and Ward whose selection might have worried Welsh fans before game but mostly held their own against an immensely talent France side looking to peak for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I've said my bit about VAR already so, wanting to focus more on the game, I think the winner from last night was Harry Wilson/David Brooks because coaches will now spend so much defensive focus on Daniel James.

Further winners being Gunter, Mepham and Ward whose selection might have worried Welsh fans before game but mostly held their own against an immensely talent France side looking to peak for the final.
    Still not sold on Mepham, he did decent last night and we cannot really complain that he got pipped to the ball by Mbappe for the opener. Interested to see if Ampadu is fancied at centre back despite being listed as a midfielder, because depending on how defensive Wales setup if he were to feature as a DM, this would likely result in either Allen or Ramsey not starting in order to accommodate him.

Morrell must step his game up so much for Wales if he can't get into the Luton first team

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Morrell must step his game up so much for Wales if he can't get into the Luton first team
    Was thinking the same, otherwise Luton are a Premiership team. I’d also take him into the City squad, maybe along with Matt Smith