+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: FRANCE 3 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FRANCE v WALES. Match thread

Penalty yes, a red card, for that in a friendly?? The referee's an absolute twat

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Penalty yes, a red card, for that in a friendly?? The referee's an absolute twat
    Penalty no, red card truly ludicrous - decisions like this are ruining football. The ref must have looked at the incident twenty times which would seem to indicate he had doubts about the handball and yet then he penalises us twice for what should never be seen as a handball.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Penalty no, red card truly ludicrous - decisions like this are ruining football. The ref must have looked at the incident twenty times which would seem to indicate he had doubts about the handball and yet then he penalises us twice for what should never be seen as a handball.
    I can see why the penalty was given then, put it like that. Red card absolute joke of a decision, especially in a friendly building up to the Euro's. I doubt even the French team would have wanted him sent off

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can see why the penalty was given then, put it like that. Red card absolute joke of a decision, especially in a friendly building up to the Euro's. I doubt even the French team would have wanted him sent off
    Yes, I could see why it was given. It was given because the law as it’s applied now is an ass. The law seems to have been applied differently since VAR (a system that was supposed to have been introduced to correct “obvious errors”) was introduced. To use an analogy from another sport, it’s akin to them changing the LBW law so that you’re out just if it hits you on the foot when a decision is reviewed.