+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: FRANCE 3 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Re: FRANCE v WALES. Match thread

Honestly. Whether it’s VAR or no VAR Welsh football has been hammered this week. Fuming

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Suspended for next friendly not Euros. Phew!

Thank **** for that. Nice one Mac.

1 nil Mbappe

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Thank **** for that. Nice one Mac.
    No problem Pearcey

Though I should say that its not me who makes the rules

What about the handball by Benzema before he shot. Blinkered var and blinkered ref

Why have they not VAR the goal? Mbappe was offside from the original shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They didn't even bother to check it

There is no way Nico Williams could avoid handling the ball as itl was kicked at him from about a foot away. The red card was about the worst refereeing decision I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Penalty no, red card truly ludicrous - decisions like this are ruining football. The ref must have looked at the incident twenty times which would seem to indicate he had doubts about the handball and yet then he penalises us twice for what should never be seen as a handball.
    I can see why the penalty was given then, put it like that. Red card absolute joke of a decision, especially in a friendly building up to the Euro's. I doubt even the French team would have wanted him sent off

I can agree with Ref acting as if they would during a competition, this is a warm-up for them too, but I disagree with the decision to send him off for something with such little distance between ball and player. One of the issues with VAR is when to start the tape from and I did think there was a hint of a Benzema handball.

Regarding the football itself, I think we've done well. The team looks well coached and not without skill.

Red card in a friendly and took him half an hour to decide. Absolute joke and ruined what was an enjoyable game

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    They didn't even bother to check it
    Now I’ve seen the replay it’s definitely offside, so why no check? So inconsistent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can see why the penalty was given then, put it like that. Red card absolute joke of a decision, especially in a friendly building up to the Euro's. I doubt even the French team would have wanted him sent off
    Yes, I could see why it was given. It was given because the law as it’s applied now is an ass. The law seems to have been applied differently since VAR (a system that was supposed to have been introduced to correct “obvious errors”) was introduced. To use an analogy from another sport, it’s akin to them changing the LBW law so that you’re out just if it hits you on the foot when a decision is reviewed.

Now I’ve seen the replay it’s definitely offside, so why no check? So inconsistent!!!
    Saying that, why was this not highlighted in the studio, which you'd expect to be British-team biased

One thing I do admire about this French side is how much they want to win this game. No such thing as a friendly for this lot.

The handball in that goalmouth scramble was as deliberate as Neco's but they don't bother reviewing it. Are the officials French?

Another good chance created by Wales and a handball shout on top.

Danny Ward is an excellent keeper. Nearly 28 and only about 73 games played at club level. What a waste. He needs to leave Leicester. He deserves to start in the Finals.

I must say its great to see Ramsey on the pitch again.
    Good penetrating run for the FK.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The handball in that goalmouth scramble was as deliberate as Neco's but they don't bother reviewing it. Are the officials French?
    It doesn’t matter where they are from. They too are warming up to give the fancied teams everything. For the good of the tournament obviously.

3 nil.
    Benzema is a right handful.

Absolutely nothing going for us in this game. Crap ref and deflections dropping straight to the French

Oh well. We lost 3-0 to Sweden prior to the last Euro Finals. I think we have played well tonight. The ref has ruined this as a contest

Colwill's first action is to outmuscle Benzema when defending a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Oh well. We lost 3-0 to Sweden prior to the last Euro Finals. I think we have played well tonight. The ref has ruined this as a contest
    10 minutes left yet this could still get messy.

I do agree though that we've played well in parts, defensively coped pretty well all things considered and still created some chances even with 10 men.

It is a friendly and as has been said, not had anything go for us.

No disgrace losing by a few to this team.