Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
During the really bad weeks and months of lockdown we had "celebrities" queuing up to apologise for breaking the rules. Occasionally they'd do it more than once - Rita Ora for example - merely apologising for breaking rules or making offensive comments is not always enough.

These days, people who feel it is inexcusable to make the sort of comments Ollie Robinson did are made out to be the villains of the piece because they are considered "woke" - what sort of bizzaro world are we living in where it's the people who find inexcusable comments offensive who are put on the defensive?

Ollie Robinson is an impressive cricketer and I admire the way he has reacted on the pitch under pressure since the news of the tweets he made broke. He will be back for England I'm sure, but, to use the catchall term, he has been guilty of bringing the game into disrepute and should be punished - offering an apology eight or nine years after the event only after what he did has come to light is no defence and if people just thought about that, rather than rushing to make political points , they would see things more clearly,
The thing is, it's all white people who think it's ok for an apology like the one he has given, a bit like apologising to your sister 20 years on, because it was really you who broke her record player! Not a chance. The problem is that plain old sorry just aint enough. He needs to show that he isn't a racist, he has to do something physical, get involved etc, that's the same for all of us. No doubt i'll have the usual wankers on my case, trotting out the usual cliched, apologist crap.