+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

The CCMB kangaroo court had delivered its verdict - Life with no chance of parole. Take him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, I want him flogged, and in front of a baying crowd of mad lefties, LGBT activists, Marxists and those who are offended on behalf of others..... Or, he could properly acknowledge what he has said, explain himself and do something positive to rectify the situation. Then resume his cricket career, or continue it while he learns that what he said was so very wrong.

This thread is quite interesting in the fact that some people seem to think that what this bloke said was pretty standard fare for a young adult. Here's news, it isn't. Maybe some people on here are seeing this cricketer through their own eyes, in their form so to speak. Which would make sense considering the replies. If so, then I hope that they've learnt from the past, hopefully the cricketer will do the same.
    A switch from past tense to present tense there.

If we accept that no one is born a racist and it's learnt behaviour then there were definitely a higher number of people ready to teach someone racist jokes 10 years ago than there were teaching that same person to be anti-racist, and the further back you go that difference only grows. The behaviour was never right but for me the focus should be more on those in positions of power currently saying he's never done anything wrong and/or nothing should be done (setting themselves up as current teachers of this behaviour) who are, imo, acting worse than the cricketer who is admitting fault and error.

Based on his age at the time, the lack of instance since, his admission of fault and the need to take some action I would think a short suspension without further action is the right move to make. Of course if they sit down with him and he admits he only apologised to shorten the punishment and secretly still holds those views then more needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The CCMB kangaroo court had delivered its verdict - Life with no chance of parole. Take him away.
    The way I read the thread was that those on the side of the argument that some punishment was appropriate thought the EWCB punishment was appropriate. What did you see that suggested he was being hammered by those that responded?

Yeah, I want him flogged, and in front of a baying crowd of mad lefties, LGBT activists, Marxists and those who are offended on behalf of others..... Or, he could properly acknowledge what he has said, explain himself and do something positive to rectify the situation. Then resume his cricket career, or continue it while he learns that what he said was so very wrong.

This thread is quite interesting in the fact that some people seem to think that what this bloke said was pretty standard fare for a young adult. Here's news, it isn't. Maybe some people on here are seeing this cricketer through their own eyes, in their form so to speak. Which would make sense considering the replies. If so, then I hope that they've learnt from the past, hopefully the cricketer will do the same.
    You are an arsehole fair play
    According to you nobody can change as they mature
    Nobody is allowed to make a mistake
    You must have been a right mummies boy as a teenager and never did anything you now regret.
    Does the fact that they had to go back 9 years to find these tweets not show that he changed from being immature into a man who now knows that what he did was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    You are an arsehole fair play
    According to you nobody can change as they mature
    Nobody is allowed to make a mistake
    You must have been a right mummies boy as a teenager and never did anything you now regret.
    Does the fact that they had to go back 9 years to find these tweets not show that he changed from being immature into a man who now knows that what he did was wrong?
    Why did you bother?

I love the fact the purest pass judgment as they age , god most 18 year olds ( in particular football fans ) utter total garbage at that age they say offensive things to mainly garner attention and show off to others , to think this crass oubursts will now haunt this lad is equally worrying as the offence itself , its especially sad as he's just attained the proudest moment in his cricket life .

God rest the thought police.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I love the fact the purest pass judgment as they age , god most 18 year olds ( in particular football fans ) utter total garbage at that age they say offensive things to mainly garner attention and show off to others , to think this crass oubursts will now haunt this lad is equally worrying as the offence itself , its especially sad as he's just attained the proudest moment in his cricket life .

God rest the thought police.
    Is it me or are the arguments of the racism apologists getting more and more feeble as this thread proceeds?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is it me or are the arguments of the racism apologists getting more and more feeble as this thread proceeds?
    Well lifeonmars has said far far worse on here than these tweets.

Such as natural born UK citizens are white, underage girls groomed for sex knew what they were getting into, and a few other unsavoury morsels, and I'm sure he's well past the age of 18, so I'm not surprised he's on that side of the fence.

I don’t think he should be punished any more than he has been but it’s crazy how the exact people think an 18 year old isn’t old enough to not say racist things and his racism is learnt behaviour, also think a 14 year old girl is old enough to have her citizenship revoked for being a terrorist completely off her own back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57407788

The England and Wales Cricket Board says it will take "relevant and appropriate action" after historical tweets from several England players were "questioned publicly".

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think he should be punished any more than he has been but it’s crazy how the exact people think an 18 year old isn’t old enough to not say racist things and his racism is learnt behaviour, also think a 14 year old girl is old enough to have her citizenship revoked for being a terrorist completely off her own back.
    Yeah, that's my feeling.

I think it's stupid to defend his behaviour because he was only 18 - he knew what he was doing! and yet feel the calls for his expulsion from the England team are way over the top.

Surely for a situation like this there has to be a balance.

Johnson was recorded colluding with a mate to have a journalist beat up - that is far more serious as it was more than words and actual intention to harm someone... why aren't people more upset about that. That incident alone should have excluded the man from ever being PM... and yet our standards have dropped so low for people in public office that he has gotten away with it.

Are you saying that all those who say that Robinson should not be suspended are racism apologists Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Are you saying that all those who say that Robinson should not be suspended are racism apologists Bob?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Wow .

Yes.
    Agreed.

Agreed.
    It seems pretty obvious to me. I’ve not seen anyone arguing that some of the things Ollie Robinson tweeted were not racist. Therefore, there seems to be general agreement that he did send out some racist messages and according to an online dictionary I’ve just looked at, an apologist is”a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial”, so what’s there to argue about?

Yes.
    Bang on. Of course it’s yes.

Of course he should be suspended, 1 or 2 games probably as otherwise it makes it seem as though th ECB doesn't consider racism as being important.
    He'll be back though

England have Woakes Stokes and Curran coming back.

Also with a tour of Australia coming up England will want their fast bowlers of Archer Wood and Stone all on the plane along with Broad and Anderson.

Its not going to be easy getting back in even on merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    England have Woakes Stokes and Curran coming back.

Also with a tour of Australia coming up England will want their fast bowlers of Archer Wood and Stone all on the plane along with Broad and Anderson.

Its not going to be easy getting back in even on merit.
    We are blessed with few good lads will they deliver on the Aussies tracks though ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We are blessed with few good lads will they deliver on the Aussies tracks though ?
    Depends on whether or not they've banged out any inflammatory tweets or not. I'm going to spend the next week or so scouring the net, might get in contact with a few of their mates etc, ex girlfriends, I'm determined to get the 'Truth'

Depends on whether or not they've banged out any inflammatory tweets or not. I'm going to spend the next week or so scouring the net, might get in contact with a few of their mates etc, ex girlfriends, I'm determined to get the 'Truth'
    I am not shocked ,enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

That famous old sentence that begins, “I’m not racist but..........”

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That famous old sentence that begins, “I’m not racist but..........”
    Have I said that Robinson shouldn't be suspended?

Wow
    Who made you judge and jury over everyone.
    What some are saying is that taking into consideration his age at the time and the fact that no other instances have surfaced for 9 years then maybe he can be given the benefit of the doubt.
    You call him a racist but you don't know him anymore than I do.
    I'm sure if I made a remark or accused you of being something you would take me to task over it but you seem to think you can
    accuse people you don't know of being this and that.
    Because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them racist apologists it just means that in their opinion what action should be taken against him differs from yours.
    Nobody on here has said its OK he's a racist because nobody knows if he is because we don't know him personally and that includes you.