+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    In terms of the fact he was 18 at the time, for me the only reason that's important is in the context of him not having any 'form' over the next 9 years. I think an 18 year old should take full responsibility for their actions. I don't think a 27yr old should be punished for tweets made at 18, that haven't been followed up since. Ollie Robinson was a complete wanker at the age of 18, thats part of the reason he is 27 before getting into the test side. People don't mature at the same rate, his maturing process obviously came post 18.

If they were recent history I'd support a 2 game ban, but these tweets were 9 years ago
    Be careful now
    You're talking sense and some on here don't like that.
    They think that every 18 yo is a mature wellrounded adult.
    I have coached youngster from 6 to 18 and there is a vast difference in maturity in boys of the same age.
    We can't just brush under the carpet what he did but I think educating is the way to go not suspension but the pitchforks are out with certain people on here.

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Be careful now
    You're talking sense and some on here don't like that.
    They think that every 18 yo is a mature wellrounded adult.
    I have coached youngster from 6 to 18 and there is a vast difference in maturity in boys of the same age.
    We can't just brush under the carpet what he did but I think educating is the way to go not suspension but the pitchforks are out with certain people on here.
    I probably should have checked the whole story out before diving in. He's missing this game as 'suspended under investigation ' rather than being banned for a game. With the quick turnaround between tests it seems fair for him to miss this one. The ecb would be failing in their responsibilities if they didn't investigate this properly before allowing him back in. Quite shameful really that boris and dowden have decided to jump in and condemn what is essentially an employment disciplinary investigation.