+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

He’s just taken his fourth wicket and his second today - he also took nine wickets in an innings against Glamorgan a few weeks ago. I’ve got mixed feelings about Robinson because I’m sure there are plenty of capped internationals in all sports who’ve done worse than behave like a sad troll almost a decade ago, but what he said is out there now and people won’t forget it - I know my opinion of him is a lot different now than it was this time yesterday.

On balance, I think Hilts is right - Robinson is going to find it hard to add many caps to his one because he’s got plenty of competition and, although I don’t feel they’ll end his England career, those tweets will always be held against him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s just taken his fourth wicket and his second today - he also took nine wickets in an innings against Glamorgan a few weeks ago. I’ve got mixed feelings about Robinson because I’m sure there are plenty of capped internationals in all sports who’ve done worse than behave like a sad troll almost a decade ago, but what he said is out there now and people won’t forget it - I know my opinion of him is a lot different now than it was this time yesterday.

On balance, I think Hilts is right - Robinson is going to find it hard to add many caps to his one because he’s got plenty of competition and, although I don’t feel they’ll end his England career, those tweets will always be held against him.
    Robinson will play again, he's too good not to. Also, a number of the Yorkshire players who have labelled many of the coaches and higher ups as racist, have said Robinson isn't.

Immensely stupid at best but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems genuinely mortified by it all, rather than Craig Overton who said he spoke to Azhar Ali in the dressing room so he can't be racist

This is a tough one as a lot of 18 year old's have pasts and make mistakes looks like he has gown up and is a better person , lets hope he is allowed to move on and cease his moment he maybe 27 , lets not forget Jimmy Anderson is still bowling at 38 , Glenn McGrath retired at 36.