+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    No racist tweets in 9 years and you want him to prove he isn't a racist.
    He was a nieve teenager and has apologised already in public.
    You seem to want him publicly flogged.
    If he tweeted this last week then you would have a point but it was a third of his lifetime ago ffs
    Yeah, I want him flogged, and in front of a baying crowd of mad lefties, LGBT activists, Marxists and those who are offended on behalf of others..... Or, he could properly acknowledge what he has said, explain himself and do something positive to rectify the situation. Then resume his cricket career, or continue it while he learns that what he said was so very wrong.

This thread is quite interesting in the fact that some people seem to think that what this bloke said was pretty standard fare for a young adult. Here's news, it isn't. Maybe some people on here are seeing this cricketer through their own eyes, in their form so to speak. Which would make sense considering the replies. If so, then I hope that they've learnt from the past, hopefully the cricketer will do the same.

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, I want him flogged, and in front of a baying crowd of mad lefties, LGBT activists, Marxists and those who are offended on behalf of others..... Or, he could properly acknowledge what he has said, explain himself and do something positive to rectify the situation. Then resume his cricket career, or continue it while he learns that what he said was so very wrong.

This thread is quite interesting in the fact that some people seem to think that what this bloke said was pretty standard fare for a young adult. Here's news, it isn't. Maybe some people on here are seeing this cricketer through their own eyes, in their form so to speak. Which would make sense considering the replies. If so, then I hope that they've learnt from the past, hopefully the cricketer will do the same.
    A switch from past tense to present tense there.

If we accept that no one is born a racist and it's learnt behaviour then there were definitely a higher number of people ready to teach someone racist jokes 10 years ago than there were teaching that same person to be anti-racist, and the further back you go that difference only grows. The behaviour was never right but for me the focus should be more on those in positions of power currently saying he's never done anything wrong and/or nothing should be done (setting themselves up as current teachers of this behaviour) who are, imo, acting worse than the cricketer who is admitting fault and error.

Based on his age at the time, the lack of instance since, his admission of fault and the need to take some action I would think a short suspension without further action is the right move to make. Of course if they sit down with him and he admits he only apologised to shorten the punishment and secretly still holds those views then more needs to be done.