+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So anything done as an immature teenager should be forgiven then?
    When it was discovered he issued a apology ( yes maybe it was to save face and his career ) he could not have done anything more

I think its safe to say the lad isnt the biggest racist in the world, afterall he might have made another racist tweet in the last 8 - 9 years, he hasnt

you say " I don’t think his punishment needs to be any worse than it is " but others do, what happens if the people who think that he should never play for england again get their way ?

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    When it was discovered he issued a apology ( yes maybe it was to save face and his career ) he could not have done anything more

I think its safe to say the lad isnt the biggest racist in the world, afterall he might have made another racist tweet in the last 8 - 9 years, he hasnt

you say " I don’t think his punishment needs to be any worse than it is " but others do, what happens if the people who think that he should never play for england again get their way ?
    Apart from Michael Carberry, a former England opener, I've not heard anyone arguing he should be banned for life - Craig Overton was banned for two games for what he did, that seems a fair precedent to use with Robinson. Someone like Carberry represents one side of the argument, whereas you and a few others in this thread represent the other, why not go for something in the middle of the two?