+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 109

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

  1. #61

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I donít think he should be punished any more than he has been but itís crazy how the exact people think an 18 year old isnít old enough to not say racist things and his racism is learnt behaviour, also think a 14 year old girl is old enough to have her citizenship revoked for being a terrorist completely off her own back.
    Yeah, that's my feeling.

    I think it's stupid to defend his behaviour because he was only 18 - he knew what he was doing! and yet feel the calls for his expulsion from the England team are way over the top.

    Surely for a situation like this there has to be a balance.

    Johnson was recorded colluding with a mate to have a journalist beat up - that is far more serious as it was more than words and actual intention to harm someone... why aren't people more upset about that. That incident alone should have excluded the man from ever being PM... and yet our standards have dropped so low for people in public office that he has gotten away with it.

  2. #62

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is it me or are the arguments of the racism apologists getting more and more feeble as this thread proceeds?
    Are you saying that all those who say that Robinson should not be suspended are racism apologists Bob?

  3. #63

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Are you saying that all those who say that Robinson should not be suspended are racism apologists Bob?
    Yes.

  4. #64

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes.
    Wow .

  5. #65

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes.
    Agreed.

  6. #66

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed.
    It seems pretty obvious to me. I’ve not seen anyone arguing that some of the things Ollie Robinson tweeted were not racist. Therefore, there seems to be general agreement that he did send out some racist messages and according to an online dictionary I’ve just looked at, an apologist is”a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial”, so what’s there to argue about?

  7. #67

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes.
    Bang on. Of course itís yes.

  8. #68

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Of course he should be suspended, 1 or 2 games probably as otherwise it makes it seem as though th ECB doesn't consider racism as being important.
    He'll be back though

  9. #69

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    England have Woakes Stokes and Curran coming back.

    Also with a tour of Australia coming up England will want their fast bowlers of Archer Wood and Stone all on the plane along with Broad and Anderson.

    Its not going to be easy getting back in even on merit.

  10. #70

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    England have Woakes Stokes and Curran coming back.

    Also with a tour of Australia coming up England will want their fast bowlers of Archer Wood and Stone all on the plane along with Broad and Anderson.

    Its not going to be easy getting back in even on merit.
    We are blessed with few good lads will they deliver on the Aussies tracks though ?

  11. #71

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We are blessed with few good lads will they deliver on the Aussies tracks though ?
    Depends on whether or not they've banged out any inflammatory tweets or not. I'm going to spend the next week or so scouring the net, might get in contact with a few of their mates etc, ex girlfriends, I'm determined to get the 'Truth'

  12. #72

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Depends on whether or not they've banged out any inflammatory tweets or not. I'm going to spend the next week or so scouring the net, might get in contact with a few of their mates etc, ex girlfriends, I'm determined to get the 'Truth'
    I am not shocked ,enjoy.

  13. #73

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Are you saying that all those who say that Robinson should not be suspended are racism apologists Bob?

    That famous old sentence that begins, “I’m not racist but..........”

  14. #74

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That famous old sentence that begins, “I’m not racist but..........”
    Have I said that Robinson shouldn't be suspended?

  15. #75

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Wow
    Who made you judge and jury over everyone.
    What some are saying is that taking into consideration his age at the time and the fact that no other instances have surfaced for 9 years then maybe he can be given the benefit of the doubt.
    You call him a racist but you don't know him anymore than I do.
    I'm sure if I made a remark or accused you of being something you would take me to task over it but you seem to think you can
    accuse people you don't know of being this and that.
    Because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them racist apologists it just means that in their opinion what action should be taken against him differs from yours.
    Nobody on here has said its OK he's a racist because nobody knows if he is because we don't know him personally and that includes you.

  16. #76

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Have I said that Robinson shouldn't be suspended?
    Even though it’s your post it isn’t about you, it’s about those who, as you say, say he should not be suspended. They are the type who very often start a conversation with the sentence I mentioned.

  17. #77

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Wow
    Who made you judge and jury over everyone.
    What some are saying is that taking into consideration his age at the time and the fact that no other instances have surfaced for 9 years then maybe he can be given the benefit of the doubt.
    You call him a racist but you don't know him anymore than I do.
    I'm sure if I made a remark or accused you of being something you would take me to task over it but you seem to think you can
    accuse people you don't know of being this and that.
    Because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them racist apologists it just means that in their opinion what action should be taken against him differs from yours.
    Nobody on here has said its OK he's a racist because nobody knows if he is because we don't know him personally and that includes you.
    Lots of words, so little to say. See my post at 15.18 yesterday, nothing in the above message changes any of that. On the subject of Ollie Robinson at least, you're an apologist for racism - unless you're claiming that what he tweeted wasn't racist?

  18. #78

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Lots of words, so little to say. See my post at 15.18 yesterday, nothing in the above message changes any of that. On the subject of Ollie Robinson at least, you're an apologist for racism - unless you're claiming that what he tweeted wasn't racist?
    Never said that at all
    Making racist tweets 9 years ago doesn't make him a racist in my opinion.
    It made him immature and nieve.
    You seem to be on your high horse again in branding people who disagree with you.
    There's a word for that but I don't brand people I don't know so I won't say it.
    You on the otherhand call people sexist/racist/homophobic when you have never even met them
    Maybe you should have a look at yourself before you accuse people of these things.
    Talking of lots of words without saying anything reminds me of your match reports so pot kettle and all that.

  19. #79

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It seems pretty obvious to me. I’ve not seen anyone arguing that some of the things Ollie Robinson tweeted were not racist. Therefore, there seems to be general agreement that he did send out some racist messages and according to an online dictionary I’ve just looked at, an apologist is”a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial”, so what’s there to argue about?
    So you seem to agree that people weren't arguing that what Robinson wrote should be defended, indeed there seems general agreement that it was offensive and wrong.

    What they were doing was saying that it was not necessarily the right thing to suspend him for saying these things when he was an immature teenager, who may have different views now (of course his views may not have changed, and if that was proved he should never play for England again).

    I don't therefore think that anyone saying that they don't think suspending him in this case is a racist apologist unless at the same time they also defend what he said.

  20. #80

    Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    So you seem to agree that people weren't arguing that what Robinson wrote should be defended, indeed there seems general agreement that it was offensive and wrong.

    What they were doing was saying that it was not necessarily the right thing to suspend him for saying these things when he was an immature teenager, who may have different views now (of course his views may not have changed, and if that was proved he should never play for England again).

    I don't therefore think that anyone saying that they don't think suspending him in this case is a racist apologist unless at the same time they also defend what he said.
    Well put you hit the nail on the head

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •