+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1st test

1st test

how is this new zealander wagner batting at number elevenhes a pleasure to watch in fact the whole team is like a breath of fresh air to test match cricket

Re: 1st test

Yes they have come such a long way in cricketing terms as a team,as you point out always refreshing to watch.

First Team

Great test team New Zealand and throughly entertaining to watch.
    However, they will be disappointed to not got the huge first innings score that looked on the cards and ended up with what looks like a slightly above par score.
    Then again it is England and a batting crisis is never a million miles away! There are weather reports suggesting a few downpours this evening/ tomorrow in the area so the flat track we have seen so far may become a little bit more treacherous as the game continues.

hope the weather stays good and dont affect it, its turning into a good close contest unless like you say england decide to collapse again

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    hope the weather stays good and dont affect it, its turning into a good close contest unless like you say england decide to collapse again
    2 excellent days of proper Test cricket.

bloody typical it had to rain

Bonkers this weather

Very enterprising declaration by New Zealand setting England 273 in 75 overs - England’s side doesn’t strike me as one that will be able to chase down such a target unless someone like Root or Crawley has an inspired afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Very enterprising declaration by New Zealand setting England 273 in 75 overs - England’s side doesn’t strike me as one that will be able to chase down such a target unless someone like Root or Crawley has an inspired afternoon.
    Dont think there's enough experience or firepower, in the team, to build and pace a winning innings unfortunately.

I am not sure they would have made the same declaration against an England side with Stokes,Bairstow Buttler and Woakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I am not sure they would have made the same declaration against an England side with Stokes,Bairstow Buttler and Woakes!
    Exactly.

England, rightly in my opinion, getting slaughtered on TMS for not showing the slightest inclination to have a go at what was a generous target set by New Zealand - currently they’re 67-2 off 41 overs.

England, rightly in my opinion, getting slaughtered on TMS for not showing the slightest inclination to have a go at what was a generous target set by New Zealand - currently they’re 67-2 off 41 overs.
    Dreadful.

Sibley is a really limited player.

First Team

Personally I thought it was disgraceful by England not to even bother making a half hearted attempt at running down that total. A day out at Lord’s is not exactly cheap so with spectators finally allowed n a token effort, at least, may have been diplomatic.
    On the plus side the new Nursery End looks to be a big improvement on the wind tunnel that was there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Personally I thought it was disgraceful by England not to even bother making a half hearted attempt at running down that total. A day out at Lord’s is not exactly cheap so with spectators finally allowed n a token effort, at least, may have been diplomatic.
    On the plus side the new Nursery End looks to be a big improvement on the wind tunnel that was there before.
    i have to agree with you on this no faith at all in lawrence and blakeys batting and scared to lose this test just hope new zealand go on to win the second test and embarass them even more

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i have to agree with you on this no faith at all in lawrence and blakeys batting and scared to lose this test just hope new zealand go on to win the second test and embarass them even more
    This^^