+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punk ? Just a great rock band

Re: Punk ? Just a great rock band

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm not hard at all matey, just being brutally honest
    .the brutal truth is that Malcolm stopped the music..asked aggressively 'who threw that"..my mate sad "me"..Owen said " come up here"..my mate started to climb onto the stage and Owen backed off to the back of the stage and the bouncers moved towards my mate...so he jumped back into the crowd..Owen called him a **** and went straight into In a Rut..pure theatre... loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Their music transcends genre. But they obviously started off in the London punk scene. They were young. They dressed like punks. The Stranglers were older, more musical and had formed in 74 or 75 I think. What does it matter? I remember reading an interview in one of the music papers where Paul Weller after being asked if the Jam were a mod band said something like "we're a punk band, we came in with it and we're sticking with it". Elizabeth Fraser had a (later removed) "Sid Vicious" tattoo on her arm.
    The punk era in my view was a vehicle for new music sound /attitude , a lot of bands developed from that genre the biggest example in my view were the Clash who were an exceptional band . Same with Weller who developed into some many other music genre when you consider his journey from the Jam into the Style Council and finally into his solo career

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    What on earth possessed your mate to chuck a half full can of Stella and the finest punk vocalist of them all? An act of great cowardice I must say. I bet you, he wouldn't have the bottle or bollocks to have a go at Malcolm Owen face to face, the gutless little shit!
    I must agree with this. It's not a very clever thing to boast about.

it's not a boast.
    it happened.
    didn't say it was clever

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say you can go back further than that - this is a punk record as far as I'm concerned;-

Punk is an attitude I think, but whatever it is and whether the bands referred to above were punk or not, they were like a breath of fresh air in the mid to late seventies - the world had heard more than enough from pompous prog rock bands by then.
    Bought that when released I think it was 1965, no one knew what it was about, but great to dance to.