Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punk ? Just a great rock band

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Punk ? Just a great rock band

never heard that before lost johnny so much joy division in that

merci

Recorded in 1972, industrial type music from Neu! They were well ahead of their time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HfAHSKWlk

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Their music transcends genre. But they obviously started off in the London punk scene. They were young. They dressed like punks. The Stranglers were older, more musical and had formed in 74 or 75 I think. What does it matter? I remember reading an interview in one of the music papers where Paul Weller after being asked if the Jam were a mod band said something like "we're a punk band, we came in with it and we're sticking with it". Elizabeth Fraser had a (later removed) "Sid Vicious" tattoo on her arm.
    Cocteau Twins now they had a very complex layered guitar sound

Indie , now that's another one

Smashing Pumpkins were liked by a mate of mine who said he hated heavy rock but some of the stuff they came out with was pure led zep

They were more in common with kerrang or sounds than the NME or Melody Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm not hard at all matey, just being brutally honest
    .the brutal truth is that Malcolm stopped the music..asked aggressively 'who threw that"..my mate sad "me"..Owen said " come up here"..my mate started to climb onto the stage and Owen backed off to the back of the stage and the bouncers moved towards my mate...so he jumped back into the crowd..Owen called him a **** and went straight into In a Rut..pure theatre... loved it.

it's not a boast.
    it happened.
    didn't say it was clever