+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans back in stadiums at last

Fans back in stadiums at last

Re: Fans back in stadiums at last

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Great news. The fan wishing we could have 32k next season is asking a bit much.

Probably ST holders only next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Great news. The fan wishing we could have 32k next season is asking a bit much.

Probably ST holders only next season.
    So with a total capacity of 10k we'll be able to have 7000 walk up fans.

Sts not on sale until 22 July.

Going to be interesting how many we sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So with a total capacity of 10k we'll be able to have 7000 walk up fans.
    We sold about 14000 last season, with very little chance of anyone getting in to a game. Also by August 7th it is likely that capacity will have been increased again, assuming the virus us still under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sts not on sale until 22 July.

Going to be interesting how many we sell.
    Where has the July 22nd date come from ? I can see no mention of it anywhere.

It will be interesting to see if the 14k sold last season, will be offered first chance of renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the 14k sold last season, will be offered first chance of renewal?

Well we haven’t used them, so I bloody hope they’ll be renewed automatically, as they already got our money

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well we haven’t used them, so I bloody hope they’ll be renewed automatically, as they already got our money
    Season ticket holders always get first option on their seat the following season but those who took up the option of watching the homes games ‘free’ on City TV will obviously have to pay for next season, minus any unused credit carried forward. Those who didn't take that option and carried the whole amount forward to the next season, will get a credit of the full amount but those who had a refund will have to get in the queue as they no longer have a season ticket and will be unlikely to get one with restricted capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Where has the July 22nd date come from ? I can see no mention of it anywhere.
    On official site. Also says 19,000 renewed last season ! Probably won't be one of them for 1st time in decades though. Anything that curtails the 'football experience', ie a a live crowd, shouting, with another fan either side of you, isn't going to be my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Season ticket holders always get first option on their seat the following season but those who took up the option of watching the homes games ‘free’ on City TV will obviously have to pay for next season, minus any unused credit carried forward. Those who didn't take that option and carried the whole amount forward to the next season, will get a credit of the full amount but those who had a refund will have to get in the queue as they no longer have a season ticket and will be unlikely to get one with restricted capacity.
    But this is Cardiff City we are talking about, they are bound to mess something as simple as this up

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    On official site. Also says 19,000 renewed last season ! Probably won't be one of them for 1st time in decades though. Anything that curtails the 'football experience', ie a a live crowd, shouting, with another fan either side of you, isn't going to be my thing.
    But there will be ‘live’ crowds next season and well before the end of the season it is likely that full capacity will be restored, so go on - you know you want to really. It will also secure your seat for following seasons.

PS. I can still find no mention of July 22nd season ticket date on the CCFC app or club website. Where did you see it ?

But there will be ‘live’ crowds next season and well before the end of the season it is likely that full capacity will be restored, so go on - you know you want to really. It will also secure your seat for following seasons.

PS. I can still find no mention of July 22nd season ticket date on the CCFC app or club website. Where did you see it ?
    The website refers to 20/21...

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    OK. So that confirms that no announcement has been made as yet regarding season ticket sales or prices for the 2021/2022 season. Wondered why I couldn't find it. Thanks. Club announced some time ago that over 13000 had been sold for 2020/2021, so assume last seasons total figure was around the 14000 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Think you have got your seasons a bit mixed up - see above post.

I think if it's 10,000 capacity and 20,000 season ticket it would mean very ST holder could go to to alternate games. The problem arise when you have friends/family sat together who share travel arrangement s etc. Also, some ST holders would be able to go to a game but for personal reasons would not want to go. It would be difficult to please every body. Mind you I maybe fewer tickets will be sold anyway, although I have mine unused from last season, wouldn't;t pay the £10 for streaming.

Think you have got your seasons a bit mixed up - see above post.
    Ah. All these 20's and 21's !. So nothing about this season coming then.

When it eventually happens and we are spread across the stadium, you almost definitely not be in you preferred seat, area or even stand.

I’m always a stander in the Canton by choice and will remain that way, but would be happy to anywhere whilst we are like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think if it's 10,000 capacity and 20,000 season ticket it would mean very ST holder could go to to alternate games. The problem arise when you have friends/family sat together who share travel arrangement s etc. Also, some ST holders would be able to go to a game but for personal reasons would not want to go. It would be difficult to please every body. Mind you I maybe fewer tickets will be sold anyway, although I have mine unused from last season, wouldn't;t pay the £10 for streaming.
    I'd be very surprised if we sold 20,000 STs. Around 10,000 is more realistic

I'd like to agree with dml with regards to the capacity being increased before the start of the season, but Drakeford has said social distancing will continue throughout the summer and likely for the rest of 2021 as there's no "thirst" from the Welsh public for it to be lifted

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    When it eventually happens and we are spread across the stadium, you almost definitely not be in you preferred seat, area or even stand.

I’m always a stander in the Canton by choice and will remain that way, but would be happy to anywhere whilst we are like this.
    You could pick your seat for the Wales game

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You could pick your seat for the Wales game
    True, my son was in the ‘away’ end first half, different perspective from there given that it’s a part of the ground he’d never think he find himself in. After half time they walked around to the Ninian Stand and took a seat, no challenge re. moving but were told on occasions to sit down during the few exciting moments.

I suspect the club will be disappointed at 10,000 max capacity. They have already stated that the English model of 1 metre social distancing would allow attendance of 13,000 without away fans. Apart from the obvious financial implications of this reduction it also means there is a greater chance of season tickets sold exceeding maximum permitted capacity. This then brings the nightmare of how you allocate tickets with the problems of how families sit together, who out of the family gets a ticket, how do you regulate whose turn it is, how do you cope with season ticket holders not online etc. Assuming the club are going to consult the Supporters Club and Trust about how this could be resolved, the outcome is going to be very interesting as keeping all the people happy all of the time seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if we sold 20,000 STs. Around 10,000 is more realistic

I'd like to agree with dml with regards to the capacity being increased before the start of the season, but Drakeford has said social distancing will continue throughout the summer and likely for the rest of 2021 as there's no "thirst" from the Welsh public for it to be lifted
    We sold around 14000 last season, when there was no chance of getting in the stadium, so not quite sure why you think we would sell 4000 less next season. With regard to capacity, we could have a 50% limit (16500) and still maintain social distancing but outdoor events are much more likely to have rules relaxed further as it has been proved that transmission outdoors is much lower.

We sold around 14000 last season, when there was no chance of getting in the stadium, so not quite sure why you think we would sell 4000 less next season. With regard to capacity, we could have a 50% limit (16500) and still maintain social distancing but outdoor events are much more likely to have rules relaxed further as it has been proved that transmission outdoors is much lower.
    "Around 10,000" is far more realistic than 20,000. Doesn't mean I think it will be 10,000 but it will be nearer 10k than 20k

Like I said I'd like to agree with you, but Drakeford's comments with regard to social distancing would suggest 10k is how it will be in August. Unless there's a sudden change in thinking in the WG that is