+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oxford

Re: Oxford

Moving south by about 50 miles I spent a long weekend in Winchester over last weeks bank holiday. What a gorgeous little city that is. Expensive in the pubs but that’s the norm everywhere these days. Not that I do much running but I went out Sunday morning and ran alongside the river and through Winchester Public school and Winchester Cathedral. I didn’t seem to notice I’d ran a bit further than normal purely due to the lovely sights in 5he city.

My sister attended an Oxford college and when I visited her there always found the place to be atmospheric. However, 40 years on and the place seems to be as much a place for tourists as students.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Moving south by about 50 miles I spent a long weekend in Winchester over last weeks bank holiday. What a gorgeous little city that is. Expensive in the pubs but that’s the norm everywhere these days. Not that I do much running but I went out Sunday morning and ran alongside the river and through Winchester Public school and Winchester Cathedral. I didn’t seem to notice I’d ran a bit further than normal purely due to the lovely sights in 5he city.
    Stopped off in Winchester before our last meeting with pompey 2009 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Oh god no, they have got 24 digits there, incest a game for all the family
    Some band came from there

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some band came from there
    EMF, Zac Foley lived a couple of houses away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Outside of the University area Oxford can be a surprisingly rough old place and quite industrial.

Cambridge on the other hand is quite stunning and has, in the main, been sympathetically developed. The only problem is that those from the surrounding areas are a strange lot to the point of making people from the Forest of Dean look reasonable.
    .I'm guessing you mean north of Cambridge Major?

Oxford is a strange place

All the nice buildings , some posh suburbs but some less than squeaky clean areas

Oxford East is one of the only labour seats in the south east of England outside of London

Cowley , Blackbird Leys , Wood farm, all traditional working class districts

I never used to go into Oxford City Centre at night , the locals ran the place

The student area , cowley road was OK
    Phileas Fogg has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I blame Inspector Morse.
    He made it all look too quaint, but in reality it has the highest murder rate in the country.
    Like Cabot Cove. DON'T GO THERE! You're almost sure to be murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    EMF, Zac Foley lived a couple of houses away from me.
    thats them , used to wear a stupid glove on his head

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Phileas Fogg has spoken.
    have you ever moved away from merfer or do you still live next door to mam and dad and aunty Betty at number 9 ?

There's a big world out there boyo

Pontypridd has a lot going on

Spread your wings taffy

have you ever moved away from merfer or do you still live next door to mam and dad and aunty Betty at number 9 ?

Spread your wings taffy
    Look Sludge, just because your own sisters clearly despise you there’s no need to be jealous of the close knit community we have up here in the valleys. Someone from Cardiff once told me he was very envious of the camaraderie we enjoy.

Spread your wings taffy
    Yep, Ponty is the Venice of the Valleys! Well it was.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yep, Ponty is the Venice of the Valleys! Well it was.
    Merthyr Tydfil is where it’s at now. Gods country.