+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: NBA Anyone?

  1. #1

    NBA Anyone?

    Bye bye Fakers, bye bye LeBron.

    Thrashed by the Suns.

    It's filling a void before the Euros nicely.

  2. #2

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    First season since 2010 without LeBron or Steph… trippy…

  3. #3

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Bye bye Fakers, bye bye LeBron.

    Thrashed by the Suns.

    It's filling a void before the Euros nicely.
    I was never into basketball, until I came to China. The sport is massive here, it's just they're not very good at it at the higher level.
    Nevertheless, it sparked an interest in me and now I'm addicted to watching YouTube videos of guys going into American 'hoods' and 'balling with the locals - it gets very heated at times.
    They square up to each other and get quite animated and abusive, but seldom come to blows... I can't help but think that if it was a local football parks game in the UK, it would definitely come to blows.

  4. #4

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "[I]t's just they're not very good at it at the higher level."
    Awesome, I presume unintended, pun there.

  5. #5

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Awesome, I presume unintended, pun there.
    Sorry, it's 12

  6. #6

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sorry, it's 12
    I meant to say it's gone 12am here and I'm a bit pickled, so not following your meaning...

  7. #7

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    No surprise that Lakers and Heat have struggled after getting about 6 weeks off and then playing in a condensed COVID affected season.

    In the East, Be interesting to see if the Nets can get past Bucks after spending the past few seasons “tanking” to accumulate a load of picks to get Durant ,Harden and Irving as well as backup pieces like Griffin. The Bucks have strengthened this year and will push them in the semi . Normally would expect 76s to go past Hawks but no Emblid ..hmmm might be closer than expected!

    The Western conference to me is wide open but will Conley damaging his hamstring cost the Jazz? Nuggets lost Jamal Murray just before play offs for the season and the Suns looked impressive but Lakers were shot!, I guess if Clippers can overhaul their 2-3 deficit to the Mac’s then maybe they might be favourites having Khawi Leonard who knows how to win !!

  8. #8

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    No surprise that Lakers and Heat have struggled after getting about 6 weeks off and then playing in a condensed COVID affected season.

    In the East, Be interesting to see if the Nets can get past Bucks after spending the past few seasons “tanking” to accumulate a load of picks to get Durant ,Harden and Irving as well as backup pieces like Griffin. The Bucks have strengthened this year and will push them in the semi . Normally would expect 76s to go past Hawks but no Emblid ..hmmm might be closer than expected!

    The Western conference to me is wide open but will Conley damaging his hamstring cost the Jazz? Nuggets lost Jamal Murray just before play offs for the season and the Suns looked impressive but Lakers were shot!, I guess if Clippers can overhaul their 2-3 deficit to the Mac’s then maybe they might be favourites having Khawi Leonard who knows how to win !!
    Kawhi's amazing and can do a lot - look at what he did for the Spurs and Raptors. I think with the Nets, they will do it as they have great players, especially with KD and Kyrie having experience in the finals

  9. #9

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Kawhi gets 45 and Clippers force game 7 on home court too!

  10. #10

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    I watch a lot of College basketball- very entertaining, big crowds, and that’s where the future stars come from.

  11. #11

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Awesome, I presume unintended, pun there.
    I've sobered up now and the penny has finally dropped. Doh!

  12. #12

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I watch a lot of College basketball- very entertaining, big crowds, and that’s where the future stars come from.
    I saw James Harden at ASU during his college years. Nobody thought he would be the superstar he now is.

  13. #13

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Wow! I think he was in top 5 picks in his year after university He must have developed quickly then at OKC where he was behind Durant and Westbrook

  14. #14

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Can't get into it. Too much scoring. Not enough build-up. Who knew end-to-end stuff could get boring?

  15. #15

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't get into it. Too much scoring. Not enough build-up. Who knew end-to-end stuff could get boring?
    Having said that: Go Sixers!

  16. #16

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Sixers gonna have to up their game as 17 points down on home court with 2 minutes left in 3rd quarter

  17. #17

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Sixers gonna have to up their game as 17 points down on home court with 2 minutes left in 3rd quarter
    Trae Young is definitely a player.

  18. #18

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Wow, Hawks just about held on.... Clippers v Mavs next

  19. #19

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Not enough ice, Leafs fail again

  20. #20

    Re: NBA Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't get into it. Too much scoring. Not enough build-up. Who knew end-to-end stuff could get boring?
    Me too it just seems one dimensional. It's one of the few sports I actually dislike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •