+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Anyone?

First Team

NBA Anyone?

Bye bye Fakers, bye bye LeBron.

Thrashed by the Suns.

It's filling a void before the Euros nicely.

Re: NBA Anyone?

First season since 2010 without LeBron or Steph… trippy…

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Bye bye Fakers, bye bye LeBron.

Thrashed by the Suns.

It's filling a void before the Euros nicely.
    I was never into basketball, until I came to China. The sport is massive here, it's just they're not very good at it at the higher level.
    Nevertheless, it sparked an interest in me and now I'm addicted to watching YouTube videos of guys going into American 'hoods' and 'balling with the locals - it gets very heated at times.
    They square up to each other and get quite animated and abusive, but seldom come to blows... I can't help but think that if it was a local football parks game in the UK, it would definitely come to blows.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "[I]t's just they're not very good at it at the higher level."
    Awesome, I presume unintended, pun there.

Sorry, it's 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sorry, it's 12
    I meant to say it's gone 12am here and I'm a bit pickled, so not following your meaning...

No surprise that Lakers and Heat have struggled after getting about 6 weeks off and then playing in a condensed COVID affected season.

In the East, Be interesting to see if the Nets can get past Bucks after spending the past few seasons “tanking” to accumulate a load of picks to get Durant ,Harden and Irving as well as backup pieces like Griffin. The Bucks have strengthened this year and will push them in the semi . Normally would expect 76s to go past Hawks but no Emblid ..hmmm might be closer than expected!

The Western conference to me is wide open but will Conley damaging his hamstring cost the Jazz? Nuggets lost Jamal Murray just before play offs for the season and the Suns looked impressive but Lakers were shot!, I guess if Clippers can overhaul their 2-3 deficit to the Mac’s then maybe they might be favourites having Khawi Leonard who knows how to win !!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    No surprise that Lakers and Heat have struggled after getting about 6 weeks off and then playing in a condensed COVID affected season.

In the East, Be interesting to see if the Nets can get past Bucks after spending the past few seasons “tanking” to accumulate a load of picks to get Durant ,Harden and Irving as well as backup pieces like Griffin. The Bucks have strengthened this year and will push them in the semi . Normally would expect 76s to go past Hawks but no Emblid ..hmmm might be closer than expected!

The Western conference to me is wide open but will Conley damaging his hamstring cost the Jazz? Nuggets lost Jamal Murray just before play offs for the season and the Suns looked impressive but Lakers were shot!, I guess if Clippers can overhaul their 2-3 deficit to the Mac’s then maybe they might be favourites having Khawi Leonard who knows how to win !!
    Kawhi's amazing and can do a lot - look at what he did for the Spurs and Raptors. I think with the Nets, they will do it as they have great players, especially with KD and Kyrie having experience in the finals

Kawhi gets 45 and Clippers force game 7 on home court too!

I watch a lot of College basketball- very entertaining, big crowds, and that’s where the future stars come from.

I've sobered up now and the penny has finally dropped. Doh!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I watch a lot of College basketball- very entertaining, big crowds, and that’s where the future stars come from.
    I saw James Harden at ASU during his college years. Nobody thought he would be the superstar he now is.

Wow! I think he was in top 5 picks in his year after university He must have developed quickly then at OKC where he was behind Durant and Westbrook

Can't get into it. Too much scoring. Not enough build-up. Who knew end-to-end stuff could get boring?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't get into it. Too much scoring. Not enough build-up. Who knew end-to-end stuff could get boring?
    Having said that: Go Sixers!

Sixers gonna have to up their game as 17 points down on home court with 2 minutes left in 3rd quarter

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Sixers gonna have to up their game as 17 points down on home court with 2 minutes left in 3rd quarter
    Trae Young is definitely a player.

Wow, Hawks just about held on.... Clippers v Mavs next

Not enough ice, Leafs fail again

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Me too it just seems one dimensional. It's one of the few sports I actually dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Me too it just seems one dimensional. It's one of the few sports I actually dislike.
    Very very boring. A good game is where one team scores and immediately the other team goes up and scores and so it goes on and on. Very boring but not as mind numbingly boring as American baseball!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Very very boring. A good game is where one team scores and immediately the other team goes up and scores and so it goes on and on. Very boring but not as mind numbingly boring as American baseball!!
    Baseball has nuance. You have to fully understand it. Maybe it'd the same with basketball. If I understood it more maybe I'd like it. I love American football, I know the rules, I can see what's happening, but I can't read an offense at the line of scrimmage. Unless it's something really obvious. Same with defense.

Has never floated my boat though quite enjoyed playing basketball at school.

If you are immersed in it I'm sure it would have an appeal.
    In a similar way that we love football, many basketball fans in the USA might be indifferent to our national game.

Loved "The Last Dance".

First Team

Altho' I'd like the Suns to win, the west looks wide open.

I can't see past the Nets in the east. They made the Bucks look like they'd never played together before in the first two games.

Altho' I'd like the Suns to win, the west looks wide open.

I can't see past the Nets in the east. They made the Bucks look like they'd never played together before in the first two games.
    It would be crazy if the Clippers won.