+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The masked dancer

Re: The masked dancer

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Mrs Brown's Boys.

Is the winner, has there ever been anything worse than this?

Not primetime, but
    Escape to the Country - People want to move (or maybe just want to be on tv) but are too lazy to house-hunt for themselves,
    Home under the hammer - Proprty speculators taking advantage of other peoples hard times (may are reposesed houses under auction)
    Bargai n Hunt - why is this shite still given airtime?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Not primetime, but
    Escape to the Country - People want to move (or maybe just want to be on tv) but are too lazy to house-hunt for themselves,
    Home under the hammer - Proprty speculators taking advantage of other peoples hard times (may are reposesed houses under auction)
    Because they are relatively cheap to make. The best part about Homes under the Hammer is the music.

Louis Smith, a talented human.

Not primetime, but
    You've hit a raw nerve with me there!

Any of those programmes that 'help' people find a house I find degrading.

I have NEVER seen one of those programmes where I though "ah, they seem a lovely family".

What kind of sickos expose their finances, kids and personal tastes to a TV audience - there is something very wrong and disturbing about these kind of people.

I saw one episode where the guy said "yeah Barnsley is changing, there are a lot of immigrants and the town has changed so now, because I made a bit of money on my business, is the right time to retire abroad. But we would still want to be a part of a British expat community"... how that got through the BBC edit is beyond me.

So people coming to live in Barnsley are immigrants while he thought he was an 'expat'. What a prick.

I get great delight in telling 'expats' in Uganda that they are migrants and seeing them squirm.

Not primetime, but
    I would imagine that it's not so much lazy people applying to the programme but TV producers contacting estate agents to identify individuals whose search for a dwelling would be of interest. I could be wrong, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    You've hit a raw nerve with me there!

Any of those programmes that 'help' people find a house I find degrading.

I have NEVER seen one of those programmes where I though "ah, they seem a lovely family".

What kind of sickos expose their finances, kids and personal tastes to a TV audience - there is something very wrong and disturbing about these kind of people.

I saw one episode where the guy said "yeah Barnsley is changing, there are a lot of immigrants and the town has changed so now, because I made a bit of money on my business, is the right time to retire abroad. But we would still want to be a part of a British expat community"... how that got through the BBC edit is beyond me.

So people coming to live in Barnsley are immigrants while he thought he was an 'expat'. What a prick.

I get great delight in telling 'expats' in Uganda that they are migrants and seeing them squirm.