+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TThe thing that outrages me about the BBC..........................

TThe thing that outrages me about the BBC..........................

Is that I go to watch Alan Partridge on IPlayer this morning and that bloody registration thing comes up yet again! The instruction video outlining the process you have to go through says you only need to do it once - do you hell, once a fortnight more like!
    Apart from that, nothing really outrages me about the BBC, people on both sides of the political divide get so worked up about it, but, although the critics don't like this line because they cannot answer it convincingly, the fact it gets it in the neck from both right and left says that accusations of bias have little truth to them.
    As has been shown recently, it's far from perfect, but can you imagine a Murdoch media organisation subjecting itself to the sort of critical self analysis that the BBC does when it cocks up like it did with Martin Bashir? If the Bashir/Princess Di mess had been played out in one of our daily newspapers, we would have seen nothing more than an apology they had been ordered to make consisting of about three lines tucked away on page 17.

Re: TThe thing that outrages me about the BBC..........................

Developing a stutter due to your outrage, old age Paul

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is that I go to watch Alan Partridge on IPlayer this morning and that bloody registration thing comes up yet again! The instruction video outlining the process you have to go through says you only need to do it once - do you hell, once a fortnight more like!
    Apart from that, nothing really outrages me about the BBC, people on both sides of the political divide get so worked up about it, but, although the critics don't like this line because they cannot answer it convincingly, the fact it gets it in the neck from both right and left says that accusations of bias have little truth to them.
    As has been shown recently, it's far from perfect, but can you imagine a Murdoch media organisation subjecting itself to the sort of critical self analysis that the BBC does when it cocks up like it did with Martin Bashir? If the Bashir/Princess Di mess had been played out in one of our daily newspapers, we would have seen nothing more than an apology they had been ordered to make consisting of about three lines tucked away on page 17.
    Have signed in and stayed signed in Bob? If you have you shouldn’t have to go through that again and again. If you sign out then you probably will have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Have signed in and stayed signed in Bob? If you have you shouldn’t have to go through that again and again. If you sign out then you probably will have to.
    Don’t think I’ve ever signed out of it. Once a fortnight is an exaggeration, but it must be once every month to six weeks I get prompted to sign in on one or other of my two tellys - it’s never happened with my tablet or phone though.

Don’t think I’ve ever signed out of it. Once a fortnight is an exaggeration, but it must be once every month to six weeks I get prompted to sign in on one or other of my two tellys - it’s never happened with my tablet or phone though.
    Might be your TV, then.

Critical self-analysis ? They're still paying him £2k per week, re-hired him when they knew full well what he'd done, and had scheduled to postpone the Panorama programme until it become obvious it would have damaged their awful reputation even more.

I watch hardly any BBC TV, just the odd doc. on BBC 4.The BBC TV Channels are now full of weird adverts trying to attract a younger, diverse audience -presumably where it sees it's future. For 'News' I listen to Talk Radio and Times Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Critical self-analysis ? They're still paying him £2k per week, re-hired him when they knew full well what he'd done, and had scheduled to postpone the Panorama programme until it become obvious it would have damaged their awful reputation even more.

I watch hardly any BBC TV, just the odd doc. on BBC 4.The BBC TV Channels are now full of weird adverts trying to attract a younger, diverse audience -presumably where it sees it's future. For 'News' I listen to Talk Radio and Times Radio.
    In the days following the Bashir story breaking, I listened to two phone ins on 5 Live on the subject of Bashir and Diana, watched a Newsnight mostly devoted to it and the fact is that, despite what you say, there was a Panorama programme about it. In all of the programmes I mention, the BBC was put very much in the dock and did not come out of it well. Ive not listened to Times Radio so can’t comment on that, but Talk Radio would never have treated the subject in the same way if they had been implicated in it.

Alan Partridge is worth every penny of the licence fee

Everything else is a bonus

That Angela Scanlon on the one show is a close second

Sky , Netflix , BT sport , shove it

...I'll beat the director general of the bbc to death with my horn..

Signing in is a pain in the arse. Netflix is always asking me to sign in....again.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...I'll beat the director general of the bbc to death with my horn..
    Kent, London

If you clear your web browser it will ask you to sign in again.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    If you clear your web browser it will ask you to sign in again.
    this is the problem there is a setting where you can opt to leave certain passwords untouched even when you clear all browser info though