Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
Critical self-analysis ? They're still paying him £2k per week, re-hired him when they knew full well what he'd done, and had scheduled to postpone the Panorama programme until it become obvious it would have damaged their awful reputation even more.

I watch hardly any BBC TV, just the odd doc. on BBC 4.The BBC TV Channels are now full of weird adverts trying to attract a younger, diverse audience -presumably where it sees it's future. For 'News' I listen to Talk Radio and Times Radio.
In the days following the Bashir story breaking, I listened to two phone ins on 5 Live on the subject of Bashir and Diana, watched a Newsnight mostly devoted to it and the fact is that, despite what you say, there was a Panorama programme about it. In all of the programmes I mention, the BBC was put very much in the dock and did not come out of it well. Ive not listened to Times Radio so can’t comment on that, but Talk Radio would never have treated the subject in the same way if they had been implicated in it.