+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hand of God

Re: The Hand of God

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    I think that was Graham Taylor, another thoroughly decent man slaughtered by the English press. I’d just moved to London when Italia 90 was on, I found myself wanting England to do well so that Bobby Robson could show them up for the arrogant fools they are. Being a classy guy he never rose to their baiting, just went on to become one of Europe’s most sought after managers.
    Always worth bearing in mind the next time you see some scurrilous newspaper portraying someone as the devil incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It doesn't take much to confuse people who read The Sun and The Daily Nazi

Fecking awful , racist , bigoted ignorant shite to feed ignorant , stupid minds

Britain's biggest daily newspapers apparently , says it all
    I read the Daily Mail. Are you suggesting that I'm ignorant and stupid ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s not wide of the mark though
    I am right on the money , dreadful newspapers , read by feckwits and knuckle daggers

Or old gits

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    its shite

You have your moments

I mean why would anyone read a newspaper that supported the nazis ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is there any thread that you cannot get your hatred politics into? You really are a sad person.
    He's off

Quentin Letts has risen from the grave

Glory be

International

He's off

Quentin Letts has risen from the grave

Glory be
    Sad sad person. Hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow political hatred ans envious of anyone who has money. You must have a miserable life in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sad sad person. Hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow political hatred ans envious of anyone who has money. You must have a miserable life in your head.
    I am doing fine financially , I wouldn't want to be rich like you

I dont hate people who read the daily mail and sun but they are either lacking grey matter , ignorant , old or plain stupid

Both papers backed the police in the Hillsborough disaster and the sun made up stories about Liverpool fans pissing on cops as they were apparently trying to give first aid to dying fans

It was a complete lie and people who read that paper after being told of its past are not in my telephone book

Thats the way it is

It’s papers like the Daily Mail that’s made this country what it is today………make of that what you will.

Too right , just as bad

I hate sporting cheats
    Every footballer has cheated in some way if that's appealing for a throw that's not theirs.
    If you cannot accept that, I don't understand how you can enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Can you imagine the Sun’s headlines had, say, Gascoigne scored such a goal against Argentina? You can picture the headline ‘Gazza Hands It To The Argies’, the English would have been creaming their pants over it for years with not a whiff of the cheat word. The English media have milked the ‘Maradona is a cheat’ thing for years and many have fallen for it. Does anyone remember Peter Crouch scoring against Trinidad & Tobago in a group game in 2006? He yanked the dreadlocks of the defender to prevent him challenging for the ball in the air.....all good fun though according the English press.
    you can't say that !

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Every footballer has cheated in some way if that's appealing for a throw that's not theirs.
    If you cannot accept that, I don't understand how you can enjoy the game.
    You reckon every footballer cheats ?

I simply don't agree and I not accept what you are saying

that doesn't excuse the fact that Maradona was a cheat

Lineker might be annoying as a pundit but he never got up to that sort of crap

Maradona , Ronaldo , cheats
    He was the most cheated against footballer the game has ever seen, he had players out to quite literally finish him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He was the most cheated against footballer the game has ever seen, he had players out to quite literally finish him.
    Thats besides the point , he was a cheat

And used coke to cheat

Thats besides the point , he was a cheat

And used coke to cheat
    I don't know if you're familiar with the effects of Cocaine, but it wouldn't make anyone a better athlete, the only advantage is that he probably talked the bollocks off whoever was marking him

I don't know if you're familiar with the effects of Cocaine, but it wouldn't make anyone a better athlete, the only advantage is that he probably talked the bollocks off whoever was marking him
    Coke gives some people incredible inner strength

A lot of holes in their nose as well mind

Not my thing

One regret Diego had was ......... he often wondered how good he good have been if he never started taking drugs ............
    Finished a game back in the day Sunday 4 ish in Italy partied non stop till Thursday morning.......woke up had to get himself right for the next game Sunday ..........done this for 2 plus years but won the league plus the UEFA Cup with a piss poor club Napoli and won the World Cup ........................
    Fecking genius................end of

Bobby Robson seemed a good man and was a better than average manager. But I'll never forget him referring to Bryan Robson as his "best player" when he lost him to injury. He kind of lost me after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    One regret Diego had was ......... he often wondered how good he good have been if he never started taking drugs ............
    Finished a game back in the day Sunday 4 ish in Italy partied non stop till Thursday morning.......woke up had to get himself right for the next game Sunday ..........done this for 2 plus years but won the league plus the UEFA Cup with a piss poor club Napoli and won the World Cup ........................
    Fecking genius................end of
    Loads of football greats out there , best , pele , cryuff , he was no better than them

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bobby Robson seemed a good man and was a better than average manager. But I'll never forget him referring to Bryan Robson as his "best player" when he lost him to injury. He kind of lost me after that.
    Bryan Robson was a box to box midfielder of great quality 👌

Bryan Robson was a box to box midfielder of great quality ��
    Quality? He was a good player, and a piss artist. Old school. His main attributes were his desire and his brute force. And Bobby Robson, as the manager of an international, or any team for that matter, should never have referred to him as his "best player". It's naive, unprofessional and poor man-management. I can't be bothered looking it up, but as I recall Bryan Robson picked up a stupid injury and England got to within a whisker of the WC final without him.

Quality? He was a good player, and a piss artist. Old school. His main attributes were his desire and his brute force. And Bobby Robson, as the manager of an international, or any team for that matter, should never have referred to him as his "best player". It's naive, unprofessional and poor man-management. I can't be bothered looking it up, but as I recall Bryan Robson picked up a stupid injury and England got to within a whisker of the WC final without him.
    Yeah, but you'd "want him alongside you in the trenches".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, but you'd "want him alongside you in the trenches".
    I would

Robson , Peter Reid , Willie Boland

Midfield war horses

My kind of player

The media did hype him up a bit but I thought he was a top player Robson.

He was a hard player but fair.

Great engine and a good organiser.

Who knows, perhaps with him they might have even won it in 90

He probably was their best player.

Bryan Robson was a fantastic player.