+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Hand of God

Re: The Hand of God

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't know if you're familiar with the effects of Cocaine, but it wouldn't make anyone a better athlete, the only advantage is that he probably talked the bollocks off whoever was marking him
    One regret Diego had was ......... he often wondered how good he good have been if he never started taking drugs ............
    Finished a game back in the day Sunday 4 ish in Italy partied non stop till Thursday morning.......woke up had to get himself right for the next game Sunday ..........done this for 2 plus years but won the league plus the UEFA Cup with a piss poor club Napoli and won the World Cup ........................
    Fecking genius................end of

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I read the Daily Mail. Are you suggesting that I'm ignorant and stupid ?

Bobby Robson seemed a good man and was a better than average manager. But I'll never forget him referring to Bryan Robson as his "best player" when he lost him to injury. He kind of lost me after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    One regret Diego had was ......... he often wondered how good he good have been if he never started taking drugs ............
    Finished a game back in the day Sunday 4 ish in Italy partied non stop till Thursday morning.......woke up had to get himself right for the next game Sunday ..........done this for 2 plus years but won the league plus the UEFA Cup with a piss poor club Napoli and won the World Cup ........................
    Fecking genius................end of
    Loads of football greats out there , best , pele , cryuff , he was no better than them

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bobby Robson seemed a good man and was a better than average manager. But I'll never forget him referring to Bryan Robson as his "best player" when he lost him to injury. He kind of lost me after that.
    Bryan Robson was a box to box midfielder of great quality 👌

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bryan Robson was a box to box midfielder of great quality ��
    Quality? He was a good player, and a piss artist. Old school. His main attributes were his desire and his brute force. And Bobby Robson, as the manager of an international, or any team for that matter, should never have referred to him as his "best player". It's naive, unprofessional and poor man-management. I can't be bothered looking it up, but as I recall Bryan Robson picked up a stupid injury and England got to within a whisker of the WC final without him.

Quality? He was a good player, and a piss artist. Old school. His main attributes were his desire and his brute force. And Bobby Robson, as the manager of an international, or any team for that matter, should never have referred to him as his "best player". It's naive, unprofessional and poor man-management. I can't be bothered looking it up, but as I recall Bryan Robson picked up a stupid injury and England got to within a whisker of the WC final without him.
    Yeah, but you'd "want him alongside you in the trenches".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, but you'd "want him alongside you in the trenches".
    I would

Robson , Peter Reid , Willie Boland

Midfield war horses

My kind of player

The media did hype him up a bit but I thought he was a top player Robson.

He was a hard player but fair.

Great engine and a good organiser.

Who knows, perhaps with him they might have even won it in 90

He probably was their best player.

Bryan Robson was a fantastic player.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The media did hype him up a bit but I thought he was a top player Robson.

He was a hard player but fair.

Great engine and a good organiser.

Who knows, perhaps with him they might have even won it in 90
    Platt replaced Robson. Would Robson have had a bigger impact than Platt's three goals? I'm not so sure.

Bryan Robson was a fantastic player and a great leader. If he’d have played in the Argentina game in Mexico, Diego wouldn’t have had so much of an impact. You only got to look at Peter Reid jogging at the start of Diego’s run for his second goal. If it was Robson he would have bust a gut to stop Diego. He also would have inspired his teammates in the game. It’s all ifs and buts, but for me, England without Bryan Robson were a weaker outfit.