+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 0 ALBANIA. Match thread

Re: WALES v ALBANIA. Match thread

This game hasn't been great but we look a much better side when Moore is in it.

Didn't see the game but judging from the amount of posts, most of those not very complementary, I didn't miss much.

Someone joked about the crowd falling asleep, it seems the same story for the posters on here zzzz

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 0 ALBANIA. Match thread

Maybe they didn't want to tip their hand and are saving the truly brilliant, scintillating, world-stunning amazing football for the actual tournament. Yeah, that's it.

Absolute garbage. Not a hope in hell in the next 3 games. No quality at all, and a manager who’s inexperienced and hasn’t got the players to change it.

Oh dear, killed by the formation. Zero attacking intent in the first half. Kieffer has to start against the Swiss, otherwise zero hold up play.

The worry is the lack of goals. We also lack creativity out wide.
    Mepham is too easily turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Oh dear, killed by the formation. Zero attacking intent in the first half. Kieffer has to start against the Swiss, otherwise zero hold up play.
    He has to start. Playing him turned our qualification campaign around. Play Bale and James down the flanks..
    Brooks and Wilson can come on in the second half.
    I’d start Ward. He deserves his change. Neco and Ben Davies as the full backs. Rodon at centre back. Who plays alongside him is a worry. Cabango hasn’t been given a chance. I reckon it will be Mepham. Ampadu at CDM and Allen and Ramsey in central midfield.

Poor performance but great to be back. Hopefully we ditch this 343

Remember we lost 3-0 to Sweden before 2016!

Calm down everyone
    Page isn't going to show his hand to Switzerland a week before the fame is he.
    The game was just about being a glorified training session.
    Wales can play different styles and formations so it's about keeping the opposition in the dark as much as possible

I thought it was a decent, hard fought game for a ‘friendly’, the Albanians were right up for it. Is it better to have a good work out prior to a tournament, showing the coaching team things that need to be worked on, how players react under provocation, an opposition who are in your faces as the Albanians were or have a friendly against Liechtenstein and waltz to a 7-0 win as the Swiss did? I don’t know really but I’d lean towards the former, we’ll know this time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’m as keen as anyone usually but I never could see the attraction of this game, especially given the hoops needed to jump through just to get in.
    It was good to be there and to participate in an activity that has been off the radar for over a year.

Crikey. This is grim. I read the report in the Guardian and it sounded quite positive.

Bale and Rambo were not on the pitch at the same time in either game. We are at our most dangerous then, so does anyone else think Page is holding it back and he’s gonna unleash them in the Euros.

My team would be

Ward
    Neco ampadu roden davies
    Morell
    Rambo Allen
    Bale Moore James

With the attacking options of Brooks, Wilson and roberts on the bench. It’s a stronger squad than 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Bale and Rambo were not on the pitch at the same time in either game. We are at our most dangerous then, so does anyone else think Page is holding it back and he’s gonna unleash them in the Euros.

My team would be

Ward
    Neco ampadu roden davies
    Morell
    Rambo Allen
    Bale Moore James

With the attacking options of Brooks, Wilson and roberts on the bench. It’s a stronger squad than 2016.
    Not sure how often they have been on the same pitch over the last few years. I thought it would have been a good chance for them to get 20 minutes or so at least, particularly if they will be starting together.

Management thought otherwise so I'll assume they know what they wanted from it.

Was a good workout in sure, Albanians didn't treat it much like a friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Absolute garbage. Not a hope in hell in the next 3 games. No quality at all, and a manager who’s inexperienced and hasn’t got the players to change it.
    Jesus Christ it was a warmup with nowhere near our best team out, get a grip. Pre 2016 we lost 3-0 to Sweden then played out a dreadful 1-1 with Northern Ireland

I'd agree with a lot in this thread: https://twitter.com/ToshFan44/status...87465156841474

Think the floor has risen compared to 2016 but ceiling is probably not as high and we're in a tougher group than last time. Fifteen/sixteen of our players today are still years younger than where the 2016 core were - thinking at this time more about Joe Allen and Ashley Williams than generational talents in Bale and Ramsey - so plenty to be excited about now and looking forward to the future. A strong start should see momentum quickly grow and then who know?