Is it worth it? Went out for a couple of hours yesterday evening, booked a table with the now normal table service. Spoke to the girl serving us, she reckoned it was a much better way of doing things, they could work at their own pace, more or less dictate the pace of drinking whereas the old way of people at the bar had them working harder. I was out a couple of hours, that’s all I could take, had about two/three pints whereas in years gone by I’d have stayed until stop tap and had a good few more. Missus went out with a couple of mates today, had a meal booked for half three, had that then went to a pub, left there and tried to get in another pub that had plenty of empty tables but were told they were all booked. The bouncer outside also said he preferred these times to the old way of first come first served, it was much easier. So they came home. I just hope that when the pub owners/landlords/breweries do their sums they’ll realise that they need to go back to the old ways if they want to sell as much as they did. This booking lark is ridiculous, pubs moaning about no shows, just go back to first come first served, the staff are loving looking at empty tables whilst chatting amongst themselves.