+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ‘New’ Going Out

Re: The ‘New’ Going Out

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Table service at the moment has its advantages especially for the bar maids, as you haven't got people saying "for f'ucks sake love I was next"

Never, ever an issue with decent, experienced bar staff. They work the bar and know who’s next diffusing any dispute. Problem is finding old school ‘proper’ barmaids/men, a lot nowadays just seem to hover by the till and serve whoever’s in arms length. Then again the punter should know his place, I liken it to the barbers, no matter how many are sat in the room you know your turn. (Or is that just me)

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    It’ll take a while to get used to but table service is a much better concept, and it works all over the world. Pubs may lose some custom, especially those so who literally cannot wait 10 minutes between finishing one beer and wanting the next
    Anyone that’s been to the spoons down the bay knows you order your next drink when your first one arrives

Simple concept and it’s absolutely brilliant

No more carrying cash around with massive pockets of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Anyone that’s been to the spoons down the bay knows you order your next drink when your first one arrives

Simple concept and it’s absolutely brilliant

No more carrying cash around with massive pockets of metal.
    Metal will never die

Ever

I've been out to pubs several times since they reopened this year. I have had no issues at all with table or app service. One afternoon, after work, 6 of us had a table outside one hostelry. It rained a little but the staff were quick to get umbrellas and gazebos erected. While it took a few minutes to receive an order, it probably took no longer than it would if we went to the bar itself. We all left happily pissed.

I must admit to enjoying not queuing at bars and the tossers who do their best to jump in before you.

OK i don't want to be an A Hole but can anyone point me in the direction that will tell me that masks work!
    I have an ex work colleague who is at Uni to become a doctor. I asked him should we wear masks and he said that this has been being
    debated since the 90's. Even during an operation there's no proof that a mask was required , he claimed.
    So anyone ?

Perhaps ask Phil Collins as he was a believer in 'no jackets required'

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Perhaps ask Phil Collins as he was a believer in 'no jackets required'
    phil collins from the trailer park boys ? is he a doctor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So in the Canton everything is the same. Ie order and pay at the bar?
    Nope, you shout out you want a pint and Ellis brings it to you

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    OK i don't want to be an A Hole but can anyone point me in the direction that will tell me that masks work!
    I have an ex work colleague who is at Uni to become a doctor. I asked him should we wear masks and he said that this has been being
    debated since the 90's. Even during an operation there's no proof that a mask was required , he claimed.
    So anyone ?
    I work on the theory that if you can smell a fart through a mask , then it’s not much protection from a coronavirus.

I have a lunchtime session in my local Wetherspoons with some friends in Shrewsbury and table service means we get served much more quickly. Before when you went to the bar you could get stuck behind a couple of old dears ordering meals and taking hours over it as they decided if they wanted chips or a jacket how they wanted their steaks cooked what sauce they wanted with it etc etc. Used to drive me up the wall. Prefer going to the bar in most pubs but Wetherspoons are always busy so table service has worked out better.

people drinking in the afternoon

Have a word with yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Yes how dare we go out and have a good time.

Wondered into a pub on the beach in Pembrokeshire today, no queue, served at the bar, no app, cash or card. Out by the sea with a pint of Guinness watching the sun go down

The experience is all about the pub and staff and being understanding of these times, I for one love ordering at the table via an app ,if you want to get pissed simpky order lots .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Totally agree.

How on earth do people wait that long?

i joined the new world yesterday having not been to the carvery in over a year found it acceptable after joining the track and trace queue shown a table and served all fine as im not very good on my feet these days enjoyed just sitting there