+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neco Williams to City on loan?

Neco Williams to City on loan?

Can't see it myself, he'll end up at a Premier League side if Liverpool do decide to loan him out surely?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ba...iverpool-deal/

Re: Neco Williams to City on loan?

I heard of this before the game, so paid closer attention to him.
    Exciting prospect and would be in the end of season team of the year at our level for sure.

I just can’t see it happening, he is too far up the pecking order for Liverpool as opposed to the 2 we had last season off them, which clearly have no future with them

I'd love to see him at City but not at the expense of one of our own promising youngsters in Perry Ng. Whilst we need back up on that right hand side I think we should be using Ng as 1st choice so he can continue the fantastic development he showed last year in stepping up a league.

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    I'd love to see him at City but not at the expense of one of our own promising youngsters in Perry Ng. Whilst we need back up on that right hand side I think we should be using Ng as 1st choice so he can continue the fantastic development he showed last year in stepping up a league.
    Only at Cardiff City can a 25 year old with 214 games behind them be considered a "promising youngster". However, I agree that we don't need a RB when we've got our own developing talent in that position who want more game time, especially when we have other positions which need to be filled and a limited budget.

The Crewe fans mentioned they saw Ng as a centre back eventually. Ng could move inside to facilitate a more attacking wing back

Unless they're going to be purchasing another full back, Neco is the 1st choice sub surely?

Can't see this at all

I think he'd go on loan to another Premiership team if he went anywhere, maybe one of the promoted ones

I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool are looking to loan him out next season because being on the bench virtually every week means he’s not playing much senior football. Say Liverpool decided to loan Williams out, but not to a Premier League side, then we’d probably have as good a chance of any Championship side of getting him given the whole Cardiff City Stadium/Wales experience thing - unless Messts Wilson and Ojo got in his ear about our method of playing of course.

We dont need a right back.

Non story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We dont need a right back.

Non story.
    Williams could make a very goodChampionship left back.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ah. Dont really know much about him. If hes being signed to play left back thats a different matter.

How many very good Championship left-backs are right-footed?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How many very good Championship left-backs are right-footed?
    So you're saying that someone who has made a big reputation for himself when playing for Liverpool and who has played for his country as a left wing back would not be able to show his undoubted ability at left back for a second tier club because he's right footed? If Liverpool contacted us tomorrow to say we could have Neco Williams on loan, do you think we wouldn't use him on the left given that we selected Ng and Bacuna there at times last season - would you select Joe Ralls at left wing back in front of Williams if he came here?

I think theres little doubt we will be in for a left back.

So you're saying that someone who has made a big reputation for himself when playing for Liverpool and who has played for his country as a left wing back would not be able to show his undoubted ability at left back for a second tier club because he's right footed? If Liverpool contacted us tomorrow to say we could have Neco Williams on loan, do you think we wouldn't use him on the left given that we selected Ng and Bacuna there at times last season - would you select Joe Ralls at left wing back in front of Williams if he came here?
    I notice that you didn't answer the question. Can you name any very good Championship left-backs who are right-footed?

Ng played well for us at right-wing-back, but I though that he was less effective as a left-wing-back. Bacuna is a mediocre right-back and an even worse left-back. Full-back/wing-back seems to be a position where it's more important to pick left-footed/right-footed players in their natural positions.

By the way, Neco Williams was replaced at half-time in the only game that he has started at left-back for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think theres little doubt we will be in for a left back.
    I suppose it’s all a bit pointless arguing about whether Neco Williams could play left back for us or not when the chances of him being here are pretty slim.

A non-story. Why would we want Neco Williams, when we already have Perry Ng?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I notice that you didn't answer the question. Can you name any very good Championship left-backs who are right-footed?

Ng played well for us at right-wing-back, but I though that he was less effective as a left-wing-back. Bacuna is a mediocre right-back and an even worse left-back. Full-back/wing-back seems to be a position where it's more important to pick left-footed/right-footed players in their natural positions.

By the way, Neco Williams was replaced at half-time in the only game that he has started at left-back for Liverpool.
    I didn’t answer for two reasons, first I don’t know the answer and second, it struck me as a completely pointless question which took me back about fifty five years when I was told I was being left out of my primary school team solely because the person replacing me, who my teacher told me was not as good as me, was left footed.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    A non-story. Why would we want Neco Williams, when we already have Perry Ng?
    Just out of interest would you have picked Perry Ng to play right back/wing back last night if he was Welsh?

Just out of interest would you have picked Perry Ng to play right back/wing back last night if he was Welsh?
    Why not? I think he'd get in the squad, if he was Welsh.

Why not? I think he'd get in the squad, if he was Welsh.
    Over Roberts and Williams? I highly doubt it. Gunter is there because he's Chris Gunter.

Re Williams, he's a good player. I'd love him here, and he could do a good job at left wing back.

My point is - why stump up the cash to loan Neco Williams, when we already have a perfectly good right back? The wages money would be better spent elsewhere - like midfield, for example.

My point is - why stump up the cash to loan Neco Williams, when we already have a perfectly good right back? The wages money would be better spent elsewhere - like midfield, for example.
    Williams can also play at left wing back, and looks pretty good there too, and we need one

Spot on our midfield area is our weak spot , and let our own defenders flourish

The most sensible post in the thread