+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hottest Place You Have Ever Been To

Re: Hottest Place You Have Ever Been To

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I live in it. Lucky if we get below 100 now before the end of October.
    But it's a dry heat.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But it's a dry heat.
    Yeah, that's the bollocks everyone comes out with. In the Summer only the homeless or unaware tourists hang out in central Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People here have no concept of what a difference a damp winter makes. Here, the air is warm and humid in the summer, but we get very cold, dry arctic air in the winter. I'll take it anytime over a comparatively mild but damp winter day in South Wales.
    I much prefer the damp Welsh winter to the Dry Winter’s here.
    There is hardly any greenery, everything looks barren and Static Electricity is a bugger :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    There is hardly any greenery, everything looks barren and Static Electricity is a bugger :)
    You have a point about the greenery. Especially when grass dies. Makes spring all the more spectacular though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hoo boy. That static electricity. Zap, zap, zap.

Turkey mid July a few years back. They were having a heat wave - it was the year when they had it in Greece too and people were dropping dead. It was 45 to 49 in the day and still 35 at 2am. It was just unbearable. Every couple of hours in the night the air con would break down as it couldn't cope.

Phoenix, AZ, 49C. Felt like having a quilt on in the sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Lindos - Rhodes very hot and so bright I had difficulty keeping my eyes open.
    Lindos seconded Almost 50c poolside in July. Missus is fair with freckles and hid under an umbrella for two weeks. We decided to walk up to the Acropolis one afternoon at 2pm... bad move!

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Rotherham away first game of the season a few seasons back takes some beating. I remember stewards giving out water to fans. To top it off the heater on the bus wasn't working and stuck on warm.
    In that tin away end too, stank of BO by full time. RAMS coach home was hanging too

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    Lindos seconded Almost 50c poolside in July. Missus is fair with freckles and hid under an umbrella for two weeks. We decided to walk up to the Acropolis one afternoon at 2pm... bad move!
    Walked!! The donkeys must have been working to rule

hottest place i have been to is Death Valley in USA,but with very low humidity 48c was bearable.

Always remember a trip to Melbourne for the boxing day test in 2016. 42 was hot , but felt fecking lovely and cool compare to the 28-32 and bucket loads of humidity that the gold Coast had been offering up for the previous few months.

Miami and Orlando

Its surprising how hot Poland and Russia and Ukraine can get in the summer yet come November its fecking freezing. Germany also has some beautiful summers but harsh winters .

The Battle Of Stalingrad showed how brutal Russian winters could be compared to the stunning summers .

Working in the furnace at the back of the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend, it used to get bloody hot in there!!!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Abroad it’s Bagan in Myanmar 48 degrees C

At home it’s the knock off department in the old John Williams foundry on the embankment 125 F, 51 degrees C. Try swinging an 8lb sledge for 8 hours in that heat. Fkg mental. The weight dropped off and I was as lean as a whippet after 2 weeks.

Either Washington DC where I moved as quickly as possible between air conditioned buildings or Las Vegas where the soles of my trainers melted and stuck to the pavement

Hands down….Las Vegas…..like living in a tumble dryer!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its surprising how hot Poland and Russia and Ukraine can get in the summer yet come November its fecking freezing. Germany also has some beautiful summers but harsh winters .

The Battle Of Stalingrad showed how brutal Russian winters could be compared to the stunning summers .
    Poland and the like have a completely different climate to western Europe though.
    We have a cool temperate oceanic climate and they have a central continental climate. Berlin is actually in the centre of a huge shallow artesian basin. That central continental climate is what gives them warm dry summers and cold dry winters and low temperatures. When i lived in Berlin, in the summer it would be hot and dry for 4 to 6 days then one day about 4 PM there'd be a torrential downpour and/or thunderstorm then everything would go back to hot and dry again for the next week. Crazy but so predictable you could plan an outside do 6 months in advance and be reasonable certain you'd get good weather.

My back garden this afternoon

Death Valley. Was driving from LA to Vegas and there weren't many towns or toilets for miles and miles so I pulled off highway 15. When I got out of the car for a pee I have never felt anything like it. Neither had the particular part of my body exposed to that sun