+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this the best European Team shirt

Is this the best European Team shirt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57379875

A new kit for Ukraine's football team, showing a map including Russian-annexed Crimea, has provoked anger in Moscow.

Ukraine unveiled its shirt for Euro 2020, emblazoned with its borders including Crimea and the slogan "Glory to Ukraine!"

Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine in 2014, and considers it a part of its territory, something rejected internationally.

A Russian MP called it a "political provocation".

In a statement to the BBC, European football's governing body Uefa said: "The shirt of the Ukrainian national team (and of all other teams) for Uefa Euro 2020 has been approved by Uefa, in accordance with the applicable equipment regulations."

The head of the Ukrainian football association, Andriy Pavelko, revealed the kit in a video on his Facebook page on Sunday, days before the European Championship kicks off.

The front of the yellow shirt shows the contours of Ukraine in white, including Crimea and the pro-Russian separatist-controlled regions of Donetsk and Luhansk.

Re: Is this the best European Team shirt

No. It's yellow. And it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Argh its political , and I though that was good thing

Good for them. I admire their nerve to stick the fingers up to a massively enabled fighting machine, ready and eager to take over as much of their country as they can get away with. That's some bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The first thought that popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Good for them. I admire their nerve to stick the fingers up to a massively enabled fighting machine, ready and eager to take over as much of their country as they can get away with. That's some bottle.
    Indeed when you consider the plight of some of their people have gone through and the awful controlling threat that haunts them , democracy eh ?