In 2016, we were a settled side with a manager who had been there for a few years and was respected by the players. This time around, important players have been missing for long periods with Aaron Ramsey having become someone who it was best to assume he wouldn't be available.

I don't see that all of the uncertainty over Ryan Giggs is helping matters, but, although I think he's wrong about Keiffer Moore, Rob Page being in charge has definitely not had an adverse effect on results.

However, around three or four years ago, I'd look at the young attacking talent we had coming through and think that scoring goals is not going to be be a problem, but it is and if it were nor for someone who was playing for National League side Forest Green while we were getting to the Semi Finals in 2016, we'd be scoring far less. I feel much like I did before 2016 at the moment - back then I expected us to go our in the group stage and just wanted us to score a goal,. I was completely wrong then though and I can be again, but it will need a return to something like their best from Bale and Ramsey and the likes of Wilson, Brooks and, to a lesser extent, James being more influential than they have been for that to happen.