+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A little look at Group A in Euro 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A little look at Group A in Euro 2020

Last warm up game before euro 16 we lost 3.0 to Sweden.....not sure we all had so much hope back then? Beat Switzerland Saturday and anything can happen

The two centre half’s, Mepham & Rodon are my worry. Both accidents waiting to happen.

Both of them, reach out with their arms, when players go past ‘um. Cards and pelanties in abundance, waiting to happen.

It’s going to much tougher this time around. Even being very optimistic, we could finish second in the group. Then we’d be likely to meet Belgium / Denmark in the round of 16, possibly followed by the Netherlands in the quarters.

Being slightly less optimistic and finishing 3rd would see us again face Belgium / Denmark, or worse the winner of the France / Germany / Portugal group in the round of 16. In this scenario I’d probably not worry about who we might meet in the quarters...

Our best chance of progressing is beating the Swiss on the weekend and after that it's bonus time.

Team-wise, I don't think our defence is as strong as 2016 although there isn't much in it.
    The difference for me is that our talismen back then are 5 years older and we always looked like we could create and score goals.

I don't think many people are expecting us to get further than the group stages.

All will have to be on top form but one jammy win would get us out of the group.
    Hopefully it's Saturday!