+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difficult Films To Watch

Re: Difficult Films To Watch

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So you have to lower yourself to making remarks that you think are insulting, like the comment about ballet and music. I read and contribute to threads when they interest me, but unlike you I don't go into every thread determined to turn it into a tirade against anything the so called establishment does and to spout the politics of hate and envy.

If you had your way the people who espouse your thoughts would be the establishment, you'd be fecked then wouldn't you? The British equivalent of the soviet police and their opo's knocking on people doors and shooting them, taking whole families to a gulag because one member spoke out against the 'establishment' and all the other atrocities carried out in the name of the proletariat. You'd be in your kind of paradise.
    Like I ay, you're a sad person.
    Sad person, again .......thats not insulting is it ?

Stop lowering yourself

You silly old Kent 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    American History X.

Ed Norton at his best in this one.
    that was a tour de force 😳

.p

Back on your bandwagon again. Guaranteed, every time - - every thread. As I said before, you're a sad person.

P.S, By the way, you can listen to the Archers every day, Doh! That is the whole point of the thing. But I don't!!
    There's only one way to break up this spat between Sludge and xsnaggle. I am sure they will come together in vilifying me as a long-standing Archers addict

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's only one way to break up this spat between Sludge and xsnaggle. I am sure they will come together in vilifying me as a long-standing Archers addict
    I have no problem with the archers but it speaks volumes about Sludges thought processes that he thinks he can use the Archers Ballet and Classical Music as an insult.
    It harks back to his envious attitude, assuming only people who are not the right sort of people (Meaning don't think the right way) could possibly be interested in such things.
    'Each to his own@ doesn't work for sludge, it is either his way and a miserable drudge of hard work and poverty, beaten by the instruments of state controlled by the rich, or now way at all. Like I said, sad!!

Tum de tum de tum de tum, tum de tum de tum tum

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I only just found out Dan's dead. I thought he was 127.

I have no problem with the archers but it speaks volumes about Sludges thought processes that he thinks he can use the Archers Ballet and Classical Music as an insult.
    It harks back to his envious attitude, assuming only people who are not the right sort of people (Meaning don't think the right way) could possibly be interested in such things.
    'Each to his own@ doesn't work for sludge, it is either his way and a miserable drudge of hard work and poverty, beaten by the instruments of state controlled by the rich, or now way at all. Like I said, sad!!
    Silly old fool 🤪

sort your life out

Are there any women in it ?

I won't be able to see them but the voice will be enough

Lucky you But what's your point?
    I thought it made me look clever and I stand by that. Best thing for you to do at this point is hold your hands up and admit I've run intellectual rings around you here and move on. No shame in it.

I only just found out Dan's dead. I thought he was 127.
    I've decided that you and Sludge are the CCMB equivalents of Brian Aldridge and Eddie Grundy respectively.

I've decided that you and Sludge are the CCMB equivalents of Brian Aldridge and Eddie Grundy respectively.
    Which ones the Kent?

That will be him

Apocalypse Now

The Last House On The Left

Cape Fear ......original and remake

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Apocalypse Now

The Last House On The Left

Cape Fear ......original and remake
    I wasn't so keen on the remake of Cape Fear. not a patch on the original in my opinion

As well as Come and See there is another Eastern European film about atrocities in Poland/Ukraine in the second world war called Hatred or Wolyn in Polish

You know something is bloody awful where the Germans are seen as the protectors of the natives whilst the villagers go around butchering each other

Banned in Ukraine - it's a hard watch as you know if society breaks down this would kick off again all over Eastern Europe

This is a very bleak film

Eraserhead by David Lynch. Brilliant dark surreal nightmare horror, even better when watching it stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    As well as Come and See there is another Eastern European film about atrocities in Poland/Ukraine in the second world war called Hatred or Wolyn in Polish

You know something is bloody awful where the Germans are seen as the protectors of the natives whilst the villagers go around butchering each other

Banned in Ukraine - it's a hard watch as you know if society breaks down this would kick off again all over Eastern Europe

This is a very bleak film
    Have you seen Savage Peace ?

Its a documentary about ethnic germans in previously nazi occupied Poland, chezchoslovakia , etc getting hung , raped and butchered by the locals at the end of World War 2 as the nazis retreated to Germany and Russia moved in

Its not pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    I wasn't so keen on the remake of Cape Fear. not a patch on the original in my opinion
    when he's trying it on with the young girl , horrible

hard to watch because of the content or unwatchable because it was iyo garbage?
    hard to watch "irrevesrible"
    unwatchable ... too many to mention

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    hard to watch because of the content or unwatchable because it was iyo garbage?
    hard to watch "irrevesrible"
    unwatchable ... too many to mention
    Distressing , disturbing

Repulsion , Roman Polanski

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Reminded me of this…

https://youtu.be/i9nnnM-__JQ

The clips of the audience are pretty cool too

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Man bites Dog.
    Henry - portrait of a serial killer.
    I remember watching Man Bites Dog and really enjoying it.

I used to love horror films however now I never watch them as once i could detach myself from real life now I cannot.

Both the Human Centipede and the Serbian film are grim

International

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Reminded me of this…

https://youtu.be/i9nnnM-__JQ

The clips of the audience are pretty cool too
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    Eraserhead by David Lynch. Brilliant dark surreal nightmare horror, even better when watching it stoned.
    I thought it was bollocks.
    Maybe I was too sober.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Distressing , disturbing

Repulsion , Roman Polanski
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1swzjZvAeiI

bambi