+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difficult Films To Watch

Re: Difficult Films To Watch

Mama Mia

Mama Mia 2

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't get this at all. If a person finds a film difficult watch why would they watch it? Just turn the thing off.

I look on films being entertainment, part of my leisure time. Why waste your free time doing something that isn't pleasant? It makes no sense.
    I'm with you, I can't watch any films that are overtly racist or bigoted.

Play Misty For Me

Paths Of Glory

Platoon

Once Were Warriors, a really hard watch, but superb film

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Once Were Warriors, a really hard watch, but superb film
    Great film

Salo

Christ thats worrying

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "I've laughed at enough stuff in my life, I certainly don't need to watch other comedy in the guise of entertainment"

"I've played enough sport in my life, I certainly don't need to watch any more in the guise of entertainment"
    Lucky you But what's your point?

Lucky you But what's your point?
    Do you ever watch the news or documentaries on crime , corruption , the uncovering of scandals , vice , murder ?

Some of that can be distressing to watch and sometimes more so that films as its real life

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    requiem for a dream
    aye that was a degradation trip

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Great film
    A mate and I were working in London so saw it in the cinema. When the lights came on at the end, this bloke turned around to us and said "wrong film for a first date" The woman he was with was just sitting there in shock

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    A mate and I were working in London so saw it in the cinema. When the lights came on at the end, this bloke turned around to us and said "wrong film for a first date" The woman he was with was just sitting there in shock
    No humour at all in that film

Darkness and brutality all the way through

You are wishing for a happy ending but it is never going to happen

I felt shocked and cold

Watched the first with an ex gf
    Awful awful film
    Also it spoilt James Bond films with PB
    In them after watching him sing.

some parts of good fellas are very graphic

The severe kicking given to Billy Bats in the bar before they open the boot , shoot him and knife him is disturbing

The movie is an absolute masterpiece, but this scene is always difficult to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XraW_dIy0rg

International

Do you ever watch the news or documentaries on crime , corruption , the uncovering of scandals , vice , murder ?

Some of that can be distressing to watch and sometimes more so that films as its real life
    I watch the news, about once a week, although I listen to it on the radio every day whilst I'm driving. But if they keep banging on about the same thing I tend to turn it off.
    The crime murder and vice I've seen enough of real time thank you, and scandals tend to be peop0les personal life being made public just to damage them or for spite. I'm not interested in it.

Twelve Years a Slave

Debbie does Dowlais

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Debbie does Dowlais

nomadland..kings new cloths or what?
    heap of elephant dung

I watch the news, about once a week, although I listen to it on the radio every day whilst I'm driving. But if they keep banging on about the same thing I tend to turn it off.
    The crime murder and vice I've seen enough of real time thank you, and scandals tend to be peop0les personal life being made public just to damage them or for spite. I'm not interested in it.
    The stitching up of the cardiff 3 docks murder by the police ?

That sort of thing is surely essential viewing

You can't listen to the fecking archers all day

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Johnny View Post
    The movie is an absolute masterpiece, but this scene is always difficult to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XraW_dIy0rg
    The final scene where faye dunaway is left with a hole in her head as her daughters father , the father of faye dunaway , cradles his daughter , born of abuse , is horrific and intense

International

The stitching up of the cardiff 3 docks murder by the police ?

That sort of thing is surely essential viewing

You can't listen to the fecking archers all day
    .p

Back on your bandwagon again. Guaranteed, every time - - every thread. As I said before, you're a sad person.

P.S, By the way, you can listen to the Archers every day, Doh! That is the whole point of the thing. But I don't!!

.p

Back on your bandwagon again. Guaranteed, every time - - every thread. As I said before, you're a sad person.

P.S, By the way, you can listen to the Archers every day, Doh! That is the whole point of the thing. But I don't!!
    No I am saying that people watching a documentary on say the Jamie bulger murder or the trial of the cardiff 3 are watching educational television which contains disturbing content , as does the news and as does some films

You say you don't watch films with such content thats fine , maybe you watch musicals or theatre or ballet , thats fine

But whats the point of you joining this thread if you are not interested in films that can be difficult to watch ?

As for calling me a sad sad person thats just school boy nonsense from someone who is old enough to know better

I would suggest you read and contribute to another thread on classical music or something which I find incredibly tedious

American History X.

Ed Norton at his best in this one.

International

No I am saying that people watching a documentary on say the Jamie bulger murder or the trial of the cardiff 3 are watching educational television which contains disturbing content , as does the news and as does some films

You say you don't watch films with such content thats fine , maybe you watch musicals or theatre or ballet , thats fine

But whats the point of you joining this thread if you are not interested in films that can be difficult to watch ?

As for calling me a sad sad person thats just school boy nonsense from someone who is old enough to know better

I would suggest you read and contribute to another thread on classical music or something which I find incredibly tedious
    So you have to lower yourself to making remarks that you think are insulting, like the comment about ballet and music. I read and contribute to threads when they interest me, but unlike you I don't go into every thread determined to turn it into a tirade against anything the so called establishment does and to spout the politics of hate and envy.

If you had your way the people who espouse your thoughts would be the establishment, you'd be fecked then wouldn't you? The British equivalent of the soviet police and their opo's knocking on people doors and shooting them, taking whole families to a gulag because one member spoke out against the 'establishment' and all the other atrocities carried out in the name of the proletariat. You'd be in your kind of paradise.
    Like I ay, you're a sad person.