+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2nd test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2nd test

What are peoles thoughts on this England side? Been very surprised to see the odds available in play. This just doesn't look like a very good England side to me at all. New Zealand are deservedly one of the best in the world yet England are strong favourites. Not sure if I'm missing something or if the bookies have it wrong

Re: 2nd test

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    What are peoles thoughts on this England side? Been very surprised to see the odds available in play. This just doesn't look like a very good England side to me at all. New Zealand are deservedly one of the best in the world yet England are strong favourites. Not sure if I'm missing something or if the bookies have it wrong
    Im not convinced with either opener though Burns is doing well again.

Root Stokes are 2 of the best batsmen in the world and I think Pope has a big future.

Stokes in the side gives balance as well.

No top class spinner.

Archer and Wood both quality fast bowlers and hopefully Stone can join them and we have 3 genuine quicks.

Fast medium department as well as Broad and Anderson theres a number who could give a good account of themselves.

Really the weakness is spin and top of order runs.

Foakes is the best keeper but Buttler is such a dangerous player with the bat its hard to leave him out.