+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Time" TV Prog

First Team

"Time" TV Prog

Is that what prison is actually like?

Re: "Time" TV Prog

Is the show available in the US AZ?

I know people who have been to Parc Bridgend, and most have said the same thing.

Which is there was no trouble, everyone kept to themselves, hardly any drama or incidents day to day.

but excruciatingly boring, almost so mind numbing that one would wish for something interesting to happen.

However I can imagine some of the big boy prisons up in London will be very much like as portrayed in Time? maybe others can give more insight.

Great show, Sean Bean is a very good actor indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I know people who have been to Parc Bridgend, and most have said the same thing.

Which is there was no trouble, everyone kept to themselves, hardly any drama or incidents day to day.

but excruciatingly boring, almost so mind numbing that one would wish for something interesting to happen.

However I can imagine some of the big boy prisons up in London will be very much like as portrayed in Time? maybe others can give more insight.

Great show, Sean Bean is a very good actor indeed.
    He's no Arthur Mullard.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Is that what prison is actually like?
    I once got sent down for a stretch in Chokey after being fitted up by the Old Bill after I got off a previous blag.

Does that sound convincing?

Apparently Jimmy McGovern, who wrote it spent a lot of time visiting prisons, talking to officers and inmates, with the idea of making it as realistic as possible.
    Like any drama there is more going on than in real life, no one would want to watch it if it was as realistic and boring as Parc is reported to be.
    I've watched all three episodes on iPlayer. It was very good, well worth watching.

There's an interview with Jimmy McGovern here https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...-rt-interview/

I watched it, following a recommendation from a work colleague. It was pretty good, the two main characters were excellent, as was the head of the prison mafia, but it was a bit predictable. As soon as I saw the pool table, I knew we'd have a re-run of the famous scene from 'Scum', and sure enough... I guess prison dramas are always going to have bullying, spitting in food, and suicidal cell-mates, prisoner saved by guy he's been helping, etc. Still, you'd like to think it's not really like that, but it probably is.

I watched the first two episodes.
    It’s got that fabulous Jimmy McGovern stamp all over it.
    Compelling as can be, uncomfortable, likable characters with flaws and massive situational problems.

Absolutely Brilliant first two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I watched it, following a recommendation from a work colleague. It was pretty good, the two main characters were excellent, as was the head of the prison mafia, but it was a bit predictable. As soon as I saw the pool table, I knew we'd have a re-run of the famous scene from 'Scum', and sure enough... I guess prison dramas are always going to have bullying, spitting in food, and suicidal cell-mates, prisoner saved by guy he's been helping, etc. Still, you'd like to think it's not really like that, but it probably is.
    Why do people add the word 'work' to the word 'colleague' these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why do people add the word 'work' to the word 'colleague' these days?
    These days?

You’ve been making the same post since at least 2015 and that’s since the inception of the new board.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...e-cookie-story

There are at least another 10 examples of this doing a simple search.

It’s not correct but maybe not as much of a faux pas as being smug and boring

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    These days?

You’ve been making the same post since at least 2015 and that’s since the inception of the new board.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...e-cookie-story

There are at least another 10 examples of this doing a simple search.

It’s not correct but maybe not as much of a faux pas as being smug and boring
    Smug and boring. A heady cocktail indeed. I think the last 6 years can qualify as 'these days' but I shall hang up my confusion and never raise the subject again.

I actually didn’t mean for that to sound so aggressive or mean, apologies!

I watched the first episode last night.
    I guess that, due to the research done beforehand, there is an element of realism to it, but as with most tv dramas the characters and stories are concentrated into a smaller area.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I actually didn’t mean for that to sound so aggressive or mean, apologies!
    No problem, old fruit. Point taken. I'll get back in my bath chair

It's actually filmed at Shrewsbuy prison which closed down a few tears ago. You can do a tour of the prison which is surprisingly interesting. Know some people who saw Sean Bean around town when they were doing the filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    It's actually filmed at Shrewsbuy prison which closed down a few TEARS ago. You can do a tour of the prison which is surprisingly interesting. Know some people who saw Sean Bean around town when they were doing the filming.
    That's a crying shame

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    It's actually filmed at Shrewsbuy prison which closed down a few tears ago. You can do a tour of the prison which is surprisingly interesting. Know some people who saw Sean Bean around town when they were doing the filming.
    Yes, my wife and I did the tour a few years ago. At that time there were plans to turn it in to student accommodation and the tours were only going to be available for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Great actor was behind the success of the career of Jodie Comer( Killing Eve )