+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you sell Rubin Colwill for £5 million?

Would you sell Rubin Colwill for £5 million?

Everyone had a price .

5, 6 or 7 million?

then again in a year or two he could be released on a free.

My thought are keep

Re: Would you sell Rubin Colwill for £5 million?

No.

Definitely not!

International

If he has a good European Championship and City get, or get near to, promotion next season you could probably put a 1 in front of that

£5m no.

£10m, yes please.

A player like that should have a hefty sell on clause.

No chance

Don't think 5 mill will help us too much. Don't think anyone would offer that anyway.

Given we sold Ramsey for less than that, I reckon the club would part with him for £1m.

Yes,with a severe sell on clause

lets keep him and see where it goes

5 mill isnt going to change out finances

£100 million, yes.

nobody is going to offer £5 million for him yet, as for what he's worth to us it is difficult to say as we haven't seen a lot of him, presumably the club have an idea of what his potential ceiling is.
    other factors would come into play, such as how much would we need the money - which would be a lot, and crucially how well would we reinvest the £5m which is anyone's guess.

I’m not having a go at him, but 6 months ago I wouldn’t know anyone that would have said no.

Has anyone seen anything to suggest he’s worth £5m or are we just going on a Wales call up

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m not having a go at him, but 6 months ago I wouldn’t know anyone that would have said no.

Has anyone seen anything to suggest he’s worth £5m or are we just going on a Wales call up
    Ive seen enough of him to suggest he could be a player in the future to be worth much more than 5m.

Hes broken into our 1st team and is part of the Welsh squad at the euros. So a number of coaches rate him highly.

Swansea have sold the likes of Mawson and McBurnie for huge fees.

Letting this lad go for 5m would be scandulous. If it bites us on the arse so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If he has a good European Championship and City get, or get near to, promotion next season you could probably put a 1 in front of that
    Yes but is there any indication he will play for Wales even as a substitute in one match. He was not used as a substitute in either friendly match so it's difficult to see Page playing him. Pretty sure he will not be risked at the euros. To be honest he was a bit of a daft selection he only started on game for us all season and for that reason Page won't risk him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Yes but is there any indication he will play for Wales even as a substitute in one match. He was not used as a substitute in either friendly match so it's difficult to see Page playing him. Pretty sure he will not be risked at the euros. To be honest he was a bit of a daft selection he only started on game for us all season and for that reason Page won't risk him.
    He came on in the second half against France. Only had 10 minutes, but Page played him.

Let's not go overboard. Probably only a handful of us have seen him play so are unable to judge what he is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Let's not go overboard. Probably only a handful of us have seen him play so are unable to judge what he is worth.
    I totally agree.

Just saying. 5m is nothing these days.

Id rather keep and see how he develops.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Got to say I don't know what the hype is about. Seen him a couple of times come on as a sub and he looked ordinary at best - bit sluggish, lightweight, and then he's the dog's whatsits - just based on a couple a sub appearances at the end of the season and a couple of Wales training sessions. Beats me.

It's to early to say whether or not Colwill will turn out to be a 'great' player. We've all seen players tipped for stardom, and then never making it on the big stage. That said, he looks as though he has something, and all these top coaches can't be wrong, surely? I hope we hold on to him for a while, but sadly, this story has all the appearances of the Aaron Ramsey tale.

That he's been included in Wales' squad ahead of others who've played a lot more would suggest there's something there

He's looked decent in his limited appearances for us, but its a bit early to suggest a multi million pound move

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given we sold Ramsey for less than that, I reckon the club would part with him for £1m.
    That was over 10 years ago

We have waited agreed for these kids to come through. Forget the money. Let's see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Got to say I don't know what the hype is about. Seen him a couple of times come on as a sub and he looked ordinary at best - bit sluggish, lightweight, and then he's the dog's whatsits - just based on a couple a sub appearances at the end of the season and a couple of Wales training sessions. Beats me.
    There is always someone ready to rain on any parade that may be on the horizon, as far as City is concerned. If you had bothered to watch, you would have seen him shine all season for the under 23’s and not look out of place in his limited time in the first team. No doubt you said the same about Aaron Ramsey.