+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Should Be There

  1. #1

    Should Be There

    Hitting home tonight, just on the news now about Welsh fans in the bars of Baku, only 6,000 tickets out of the 30 odd thousand available have been sold apparently. Why bloody Baku?????

  2. #2

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hitting home tonight, just on the news now about Welsh fans in the bars of Baku, only 6,000 tickets out of the 30 odd thousand available have been sold apparently. Why bloody Baku?????
    30,000?..Italy were only allowed 16,000 last night.

  3. #3

    Re: Should Be There

    Personally - I think the whole thing is a farce, England gets to play their games at home, Italy the same what was platini trying to engineer here when he dreamt this one up.

  4. #4

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally - I think the whole thing is a farce, England gets to play their games at home, Italy the same what was platini trying to engineer here when he dreamt this one up.
    So different from the last one in France, it’s got no soul spread out all over

  5. #5

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally - I think the whole thing is a farce, England gets to play their games at home, Italy the same what was platini trying to engineer here when he dreamt this one up.
    It gives places like Azerbaijan the chance to host a part of it.

    But I personally dislike the set up. I suppose we would feel differently if Wales were on the list but still it's not going to be the 2016 experience (even without the pandemic)

  6. #6

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It gives places like Azerbaijan the chance to host a part of it.

    But I personally dislike the set up. I suppose we would feel differently if Wales were on the list but still it's not going to be the 2016 experience (even without the pandemic)
    Fair enough it gives little country’s a chance to host, but it would have been much more of a level playing field If Italy were at Wembley last night and the English would play in Rome tomorrow.

  7. #7

    Re: Should Be There

    IIRC England engineered the 66 WC so that they played all their games at Wemberley

    Fixing tournaments is nothing new.

  8. #8

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    30,000?..Italy were only allowed 16,000 last night.
    It was mentioned last night, different countries, different rules i s’pose.

  9. #9

    Re: Should Be There

    What an absolutely awful stadium for the fans. Had I not applied for a refund for my tickets I would have had to invest in a pair of binoculars.

  10. #10

    Re: Should Be There

    Should have been only smaller countries with games but once covid should have just scrapped the idea

  11. #11

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    30,000?..Italy were only allowed 16,000 last night.
    Italy only opened 25% of the stadium, Azerbaijan opened 50%

  12. #12

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What an absolutely awful stadium for the fans. Had I not applied for a refund for my tickets I would have had to invest in a pair of binoculars.
    At least watching it on TV you got to see me and my son celebrating the Wales goal

  13. #13
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,599

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What an absolutely awful stadium for the fans. Had I not applied for a refund for my tickets I would have had to invest in a pair of binoculars.
    The reason for that is exactly the same as why the West Ham supporters had the same complaint.
    Both places were designed and built intentionally for athletics with a running track. They were never intended for football. And we can see the result. (Or maybe can't!)

  14. #14

    Re: Should Be There

    Its a stitch up

    I hope England get leathered

  15. #15

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It gives places like Azerbaijan the chance to host a part of it.

    But I personally dislike the set up. I suppose we would feel differently if Wales were on the list but still it's not going to be the 2016 experience (even without the pandemic)
    Wasn't the idea that smaller nations get to host games because they'd not be able to host tournaments? So why do places like Rome and London get any games let alone the latter hosting the majority of the tournament?

    Either switch it to England fully because of covid or do better at meeting the original aim. This fudge gives some sides such a huge advantage and most of them don't need it.

  16. #16

    Re: Should Be There

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally - I think the whole thing is a farce, England gets to play their games at home, Italy the same what was platini trying to engineer here when he dreamt this one up.
    How much money he could make.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •