+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I look forward to hearing Page's explanation as to why he subbed James.
    Just before he subbed him a ball was played wide to James who just stood and waited for it and a Swiss player easily got there before him.

He waited for it presumably because he was tired out.

I was not surprised he was substituted and I disagree with criticism of the manager on that score.

However, if Switzerland had continue to play as they started the second half we were out of that game and the tournament. Our central defendars are hopeless if opponents run at them. Fortunately Switzerland started to drop back long before they needed to protect their lead.

A very good point in the end.

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Just before he subbed him a ball was played wide to James who just stood and waited for it and a Swiss player easily got there before him.

He waited for it presumably because he was tired out.

I was not surprised he was substituted and I disagree with criticism of the manager on that score.

However, if Switzerland had continue to play as they started the second half we were out of that game and the tournament. Our central defendars are hopeless if opponents run at them. Fortunately Switzerland started to drop back long before they needed to protect their lead.

A very good point in the end.
    Agreed, James is all about running, he was tired, and even if he wasn't, players do need protecting at times. Add to that 30 degree heat and a game on wednesday that James will start. Agree about the central defenders, very flat at times and neither really knew who should go and who should drop, although they weren't helped by a midfield who seemed content to react and chase as opposed to getting on the ball.