+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Moore when given the opportunity did well offensively but it was his presence defensively as well that stood out. Lost count of how many times he helped Wales to clear their lines.

Wales preference to favour a counter attack approach to today's game didn't bear much fruit. A lot of wayward passing and hopeful balls lumped to Moore who didn't have much to go with, was the repetitive theme. Wales must avoid that against Turkey, their centre pairing would have a field day with that type of service. Whenever James was in an advanced position, particularly with a compromised Mbabu they looked threatening and the free kicks he was able to win resulted in two peaches of deliveries from Bale and Ramsey with unfortunately no one attacking the cross.

Will be interested to see how Wales are setup for Wednesday's game. Anticipate some changes will be brought in as a win would be huge and would more or less secure a minimum 3rd place spot in the group.
    Interesting to see the perspective of the Welsh fans in Switzerland. Think there is another on here too.

Need to stick by these players and the team - they can still achieve a lot and together stronger like. Today we just needed more players named Daniel or Danny!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Interesting to see the perspective of the Welsh fans in Switzerland. Think there is another on here too.

Need to stick by these players and the team - they can still achieve a lot and together stronger like. Today we just needed more players named Daniel or Danny!
    So, could Mr Gabbidon finally get that elusive fiftieth cap and might there be debuts for Splott Parker's boy and Tuerto who I believe are both Dan's?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, could Mr Gabbidon finally get that elusive fiftieth cap and might there be debuts for Splott Parker's boy and Tuerto who I believe are both Dan's?
    Mr James Of United shares my exact name. It's as close as i'll ever get!

I’m not putting my boy in the lion’s den and that’s going all Old Testament

Wasn’t the best we all know but if that was the City pinching a point in a game like that I’d have been quite pleased. Avoiding defeat gives us the chance to fight another day. Let’s pray the Turks are still licking their wounds from Friday.

Wales' current problem is they have too many impact players - Brookes, Wilson, and not a Gunnarson. In modern football when a side concedes midfield you expect them to be strong at stopping crosses into the box, forcing the opposition backwards and across the pitch again and again. We were quite hopeless, and looked likely to concede every few minutes. Not sure Wales can play that way again, whoever their opponents.

Wrong thread.