+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 SWITZERLAND.

A point is a good result, hopefully we can beat turkey now. Was very disappointed performance wise mind. Very lucky not to lose. I thought there was a complete lack of the effort and determination that has characterised us over the last 6 years.

The 3 lazy and braindead passes that led to the Swiss offside goal were unforgivable. I hope page reads the riot act to them tbh

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, could Mr Gabbidon finally get that elusive fiftieth cap and might there be debuts for Splott Parker's boy and Tuerto who I believe are both Dan's?
    Mr James Of United shares my exact name. It's as close as i'll ever get!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Those are two decent positives though. Plenty of teams have started slowly in tournaments and done pretty well afterwards. Also, a City performance would be in a different context.
    If we play like that against Turkey then we'll get beat as you earn your luck and we used a hell of a lot against the Swiss. If we play like that against Italy them god help us; we'd get a hiding.

Wales' current problem is they have too many impact players - Brookes, Wilson, and not a Gunnarson. In modern football when a side concedes midfield you expect them to be strong at stopping crosses into the box, forcing the opposition backwards and across the pitch again and again. We were quite hopeless, and looked likely to concede every few minutes. Not sure Wales can play that way again, whoever their opponents.

Wrong thread.

So, could Mr Gabbidon finally get that elusive fiftieth cap and might there be debuts for Splott Parker's boy and Tuerto who I believe are both Dan's?
    I’m not putting my boy in the lion’s den and that’s going all Old Testament

Wasn’t the best we all know but if that was the City pinching a point in a game like that I’d have been quite pleased. Avoiding defeat gives us the chance to fight another day. Let’s pray the Turks are still licking their wounds from Friday.

Wales looked like going the same way as Turkey who had conceded three second half goals last night when the rampant Embolo laid on another chance for Kevin Mbabu who stabbed wide from a good position.
    Part of the joys and frustrations of international being that you can't sign a player to improve on a weaker part of the pitch, but more should be made of the team not crumbling and keeping going for 95 minutes without an extended period on the ball in excessive heat. Character, strong support from fans and match-winners have got us to this stage and we're now seeing how far we can go.

In hindsight, I think Tyler Roberts might have been more effective as the 10 yesterday but if we see a happier, fully fit Ramsey is available off the back of first 90'ish minutes against Turkey and Italy then we'll be better for it. Part of the joys and frustrations of a tournament is reaching for success in 90minutes while also having to improve changes of success in upcoming games.

A draw v the Swiss is not a bad result whatever our performance. The fact we know we can do better is encouraging.

oh and another thing about yesterdays game think it's about time fans now understand why VAR was introduced

a few years ago we would have lost that game 2-1

as mentioned before a little tweaking with the off side rules and handball decisions will be 100 per cent with VAR

also games shouldn't be played in extreme temperatures when in hot countries . all games should be played evening times

Fi'n caru @cymru parchu a hwyl gyda'r Gymraeg.How many football associations celebrate a player with a reference from mythology? Bendigeidfran, the giant who walked through the sea to Ireland leading an army to save his sister, Branwen from marriage to Irish king. #Mabinogi

https://twitter.com/MarchGlas/status...93473283706883
    There are small things the FAW are doing that deserve far more attention and credit

Kieffer 'Bendigeidfran' Moore for the Ballan D'or.

I think @PhilippeAuclair (later corrected to Lars - whoever that is) was a but sniffy about Wales yesterday. To say we “need a Joe Ledley to kick people” is unfair. @joe16led made less than one foul a game with zero cautions and 90% pass completion in Euro 2016.

And a chosen reply to that tweet:

Ledley criminally underrated, just because his work rate was immense they forget what a technically good player he was. Scored a few too- including at an FA Cup semi final and play off final

https://twitter.com/ffwtbol/status/1404065792778457088
    I'd love us to have a more physically imposing, equally hard-working, sufficiently quick around the pitch and technically good CM to come in to help out Allen or Morrell. Levitt looked like he had a bit of bite in him against Albania and might be that player in a few years.

Id just wish we had better options than Allen and Morrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id just wish we had better options than Allen and Morrell.
    But this is international football. Even if we did have better options we'd only be an injury or suspension away so surely we should support them while recognising what they do well, where they need to improve etc...

Morrell has performed well in all/almost all his previous internationals, admittedly most of those coming against weaker opposition than Switzerland. Good article on him here: https://welshfootballfans.com/eatsle...9s-tz6bf-43jbd

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But this is international football. Even if we did have better options we'd only be an injury or suspension away so surely we should support them while recognising what they do well, where they need to improve etc...

Morrell has performed well in all/almost all his previous internationals, admittedly most of those coming against weaker opposition than Switzerland. Good article on him here: https://welshfootballfans.com/eatsle...9s-tz6bf-43jbd
    Of course we support them however Will Vaulks must have been watching the Swiss dominate us in the centre and wonder how hes not in the squad mimimum.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There are small things the FAW are doing that deserve far more attention and credit

Kieffer 'Bendigeidfran' Moore for the Ballan D'or.
    Another nickname for Keiffer, this one given to him by his City team mates;-

https://www.dai-sport.com/kieffer-mo...set-for-turks/

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Of course we support them however Will Vaulks must have been watching the Swiss dominate us in the centre and wonder how hes not in the squad mimimum.
    I felt I got the tone/wording of my response to you wrong reading it back, sorry.

In an earlier post I shared a tweet about Joe ledley who I think is Vaulks'eque but much better technically. If Vaulks improves his technique he gets back into the side but otherwise currently judged to be low down the list on options. He's a player who can do the work needed - until that happens little point having this debate - and hopefully he does because he adds a lot in terms of wonder goals and being physical.