Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
We didn’t play great against a team above us in the world rankings and yet we still have one of the points we need to go further in the tournament, people are talking as if we were playing Luxembourg, not Switzerland.
Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Yes there were, but I think people need to be realistic. You almost need to be getting your state pension to have been alive the time we went to the finals of a major tournament before 2016 - we don’t compete at this level often and today offered evidence as to why.

I’m just about to write my blog piece on the game and am going to be spending a fair bit of time on how central midfield was a major problem for us. Wales were so much like City today in terms of how ineffective we were in the middle of the park in front of our defence, but who do we have within the squad who would have offered more than Allen and Morrell? Ampadu perhaps, but how fit is he? I don’t think Will Vaulks would have made any difference either because the problems we had today seemed to me to be very similar to the ones a City midfield with Vaulks has in it has when they’re struggling.

I’d also say that 30degree temperatures were hardly conducive to an effective high pressing game - I thought Switzerland were good in that department for about an hour then began to tire.
No. Our central midfield today was shocking.

I have no idea why Morrell is anywhere near a Welsh squad. Bob would you be happy if Morrell was a replacement for say Ralls or Pack.

I know i wouldn't.