+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Perfect Tournament , Wales To Put Up A Fight , England Get Leathered

The Perfect Tournament , Wales To Put Up A Fight , England Get Leathered

let's have it

Re: The Perfect Tournament , Wales To Put Up A Fight , England Get Leathered

That's only near-perfect.

Perfect would be Wales knocking England out of it then going on to win.
    We can dream!

It won't be a perfect tournament unless Scotland go home after losing all their games.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It won't be a perfect tournament unless Scotland go home after losing all their games.
    Scotland won't be going home though will they, they don't have to leave the UK during the group phase - I hope this format never gets repeated.

Pity theres no Peru or Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    That's only near-perfect.

Perfect would be Wales knocking England out of it then going on to win.
    We can dream!
    Or Wales playing England in the final, coming back from 3-0 down and winning on penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Pity theres no Peru or Costa Rica.
    Difficult to include them in a European competition to be fair! Kazakhstan on the other hand!!

I recall a joke doing the rounds in the build-up to the 98 WC, when the jocks qualified.

You know that "football's coming home" song?
    Well Scotland have adapted it as their WC anthem....
    Obviously changing some of the words...
    and of course changing the title...
    from Three Lions...
    to Three Games.

boom boom

This morning i had a girls football game to coach, I wore my Welsh shirt took a bit of banter from my fellow coach and the other teams 2 coaches joined in with it all

after the game, the other teams both coaches came over and said " good luck with your game this afternoon "

then i popped to Salisbury's to buy some BBQ stuff, 2 blokes said " good luck " to me

guess what, these 4 blokes were English ( as least sounded it ) strange that they want Wales to do well

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This morning i had a girls football game to coach, I wore my Welsh shirt took a bit of banter from my fellow coach and the other teams 2 coaches joined in with it all

after the game, the other teams both coaches came over and said " good luck with your game this afternoon "

then i popped to Salisbury's to buy some BBQ stuff, 2 blokes said " good luck " to me

guess what, these 4 blokes were English ( as least sounded it ) strange that they want Wales to do well
    Very similar experience for me. Place I was working in during the 2016 Euros had plenty of English people and all wanted us to go as far as possible. They don't really see us as rivals

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Very similar experience for me. Place I was working in during the 2016 Euros had plenty of English people and all wanted us to go as far as possible. They don't really see us as rivals
    they really dont or maybe do not have that chip of their shoulder

I must admit, before i moved out of Wales i was the worse at wanting England to lose, it was not till i moved out of Wales that i realised that realised it was reciprocated

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they really dont or maybe do not have that chip of their shoulder

I must admit, before i moved out of Wales i was the worse at wanting England to lose, it was not till i moved out of Wales that i realised that realised it was reciprocated
    I don't participate in that anti english nonsense, although i do like watching their media go into meltdown, and the inhabitants of Thanet east wrestling with lamp posts after they're knocked out.

The Anti English stuff in wales is political, where as england have never been in that position with us. Most people don't articulate it very well though. I see a working man or women in england the same as me in most cases.

Id rather England win the Euros than Swansea beat Rotherham on a Saturday.

England have very good attacking players but think their defence will let them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't participate in that anti english nonsense, although i do like watching their media go into meltdown, and the inhabitants of Thanet east wrestling with lamp posts after they're knocked out.

The Anti English stuff in wales is political, where as england have never been in that position with us. Most people don't articulate it very well though. I see a working man or women in england the same as me in most cases.
    Unfortunately the reason they don't see us as rivals and we do, is the same as City/Newport.

Having said that, I do know a fair number of English fans who were being shitty about us in 16. Fair enough, who cares?

Yeah I think the City/Newport comparison is fair.

This is all very romantic and I bet this is their year but I still want them to get leathered

Why the animosity towards Scotland? Not Joe Jordan surely?